New Man Cave

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Following on from my previous shed flying away into the field behind our garden i am starting a new concrete block man cave :D
Not that much to show today as it was bloody hot and i got sidetracked by the TdeF :D
Hopefully i'll pour the floor tomorrow.
Slightly odd design from the ground up as i'm building it on an existing slab so i'm going to great lengths to ensure it is 100% water tight :D

This is the veiw from the roof of the extension(also built by me :D ).
The shed will take up the back right hand corner of the garden and will be approx 4.2m x 4m and about 2.3m high.
The front wall will follow the diagonal line of brick at the edge of lawn, the door will be in this wall.
Large window in the wall facing into the field.
The green shed on the left will end up on the far right on the garden in front of the 'Cave' and will become own timber store for the new log burner :D

I'm going to pour the floor in the morning as it was just too bloody hot today :cool:

Attachments

• And so it begins 001.JPG
    And so it begins 001.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 3,400
  • The bigger picture 001.JPG
    The bigger picture 001.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 3,400
GSXR on the left is going to be broken for parts, its an ex race bike and has quite a few nice Yoshimura bits on it
KH125 in the middle is getting weighed in shortly
RGV/SRX 600 is a very, very, very longterm project which has been going on for 12 years. Its next on my list of things to do when i finish the cave :D

A little :D I managed to get a pair of heavy duty fibreglass doors and a double glazed window from work for a negligable amount.
The doors are an uneven pair, the active leaf is 1000mm wide and the non active leaf is 700mm.
I've slammed a bit more blockwork up, on holiday next week so no more progress for a bit.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 3,178
As previous post :D so not very well :D
I shall attempt to finish the blockwork over the weekend and make a frame for the doors so i can build them in rather than fit them afterwards.
Then all hands on deck to get her water tight before the next 6 months of non stop welsh rain :LOL:

Back