Fun Car. Talk to me!

Just to throw it into the mix, what are the Celica VVTIs like? They do a VVTI 190 which sounds good and is more importantly within my budget! Anyone had any first hand experience of one?

media

Z3 2.8 ? RWD nice straight six and cheap , E36 m3 maybe ? same deal , Nissan 200sx , easy horsepower and much cheaper than a skyline :D

MR2 Roadster soft top (basically a Mark III MR2). Cheap to buy & keep, reasonable on fuel, reliable and a WHOLE lot of fun. Really handles well. I bought mine when I had to give up motorcycling - after riding fairly big bikes I needed something that would be properly enjoyable and fill that particular two-wheel shaped gap. I had a Mk2 about 15 years ago and loved it so looked for another one and ended up with the Roadster.

Grannygrinder":152ejo1b said:
Pull like a train above 4500rpm ;)

Yeah...No.

Handling is reasonable, about what you'd expect of any similar sized and equipped rwd sedan really.

yeah, IS200... they are kind of the epitome of...slow. They may pull like a train above 4500...but trains aren't really fast. I remember my mates mum got one in 99 and I thought my mums 318i was slow, made the beemer look like a quick thing (which it wasn't).

And yet a 99 318i has less power?
So my car must be really, really heavy as well as really, really slow :LOL:
I love it, maybe i am easily pleased :roll:

it was a 91 318i...
Even the local car mags of the time couldn't believe it, we laughed when their own comparison was be read to be blown away by the 318i at the traffic light drags... turns out it was true, it was something like high 10 sec for 0-100km/h. Of course the bmw didn't handle anywhere near as well.
Unless of course it has one of the nifty 4 bangers instead of the 6 cylinder, then that a whole different story.

Back