Protecting your beloved frame from cable rub

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've just finished a build an want to protect certain areas from wear and tear. The frame is ti, so wondered what would be the best way of preserving the beauty of the matt finish.

I forgot they existed and actually used these on my dbr so thanks for the reminder. Pricy for bits of rubber aren't they?

Rampage":1i1elaan said:
That's what I have on my Torus.
Got any pics of yours, as that is what I want to protect myself. Im trying to work out what model mine is as it is badged byna-tech racing and not Torus, so just curious to see what yours looks like compared to mine.

There were five types AFAIK.
The first with solid dropouts and canti stop.
The X-Lite in between one with lighter dropouts and canti stop.
The later one with lighter dropouts and no canti stop.
Then two disk brake versions with and without canti mounts.
Reasonably sure this is right!

Well first of all you can re-route the housings...
kyGhQIPT_original.jpg

So the right shifter and brake go to the left side of the bike and viseversa, that way the housing will never rub on the frame or bike parts, plus it will shift better too.

Something like this.
xtr%20106-L.jpg

Or this..
kkkkkk%20019-M.jpg

Or even this..
hhh%20019-M.jpg

Also to protect them right chainstay you can wrap it in "mister tuffy's"
IMG_0293-M.jpg

IMG_3939-M.jpg

IMG_3941-M.jpg

Many more pictures here
http://patineto.smugmug.com/Bicycles/Ri ... ;k=T3w7tHK

Steel wool :D
My Ti which has a mirror finish is at the moment up on the stand for a bit of polishing.
Its just a case of 0000 grade steel wool and autosol but making sure to go in one direction only. After that i do much the same but with a fine cotton cloth and autosol.
The wire wool takes care of any minor scratches and imparts a very shiny surface ,its only doing it again with the soft cloth makes the surface finish mirror like :?

finish up with some car turtle wax, it helps protect it for any oxidizing which on Ti takes a long long time.

Back