Raleigh Dyna-Tech Ti (Torus?)

A little bump for this as it is now complete and ready for a shake down when I can find the time. Personally I think she is a real looker and I hope rides as well. I know there is a bit of blue on there, but I hope I kept it low key enough not to spoil the bulid.

All I would want to change really, is the seat post, but I can't find anything I like that would suit in 30.0. I have an x-lite click-on that is lovely, just don't fancy shimming on this occasion.

I guess if I could try a hope headset to see if it would be a snug fit in the frame (chris kings aren't tight enough, neither was a race face or FSA I tried, hence the kore), I would also swap that out the kore one for a blue hope one.

Longer term, the rear rim will need replacing before the front too, but a wanted ad has not yielded anything so I've had to buy a full wheel set in 36h to get some 'spares' that are similar.

I think I have reached a limit in terms of bikes I want to have built since completing this. Had it not turned out so nicely I may have cracked on with the pace or an AMP B5 I have planned, but now I am not so sure I need/want to.

Anyway, I hope you like it. Feedback, good or bad welcomed.

Looking good!

I own a later Proline branded version which is a very similar frame, my plan was to mess about with it for a while before selling it on but it's ended up as my regular rider/commuter at the moment. It is also the first Ti frame I've actually ridden (I owned a McMahon a few years ago but sold it before building it up). It's everything that you would expect - (very) light, fast and comfortable :)

For reference mine is wearing a hope headset and it seems to fit well, bar some loosening caused by the steerer being a bit longer than I thought and the head doctor not liking this..spacers have cured that. I've never liked the appearance of UGLI forks either. Mine wears some rather handsome curved spinner forks that were original to the bike and these are great - I've also experimented with RC31's and my current fave, salsa cromotos.

Anyways, enjoy it....

Whilst I like the bike, from a purely personal point of view, I would change the seat post, stem and bar ends...

...as for the blue ano, I think you have just the right amount of bling to compliment the frame :cool:

We_are_Stevo":17974ujp said:
Whilst I like the bike, from a purely personal point of view, I would change the seat post, stem and bar ends...
Agree totally on the post, but what's wrong with the stem/bar? It was good enough for the team riders back on the day (stem) I believe.

I'm kind of with you, sometimes I love it, sometimes I'm not so sure.

Bars are straight and silver (and USE) so aside from being a little narrower than I would probably really like, what's not to like?

I'm with you on that one Ian. The stem bars and bar ends look sweet.

Maybe a use post is all would change.

I really need (read want) a nice ti frame, these seem so reasonable cost wise so would love to see how you get on.

Any more pics???

That's why I said it was just my personal opinion; to me the stem doesn't compliment the graceful lines of the race-bred frame, and the bar ends are too 'harsh' from a purely aesthetic point of view.

If it were mine I would fit a Ti stem and possibly Ti bar ends with a curve; but that is just me, and I care naught for authenticity, period correctness or replicas. :oops:

...nor is it criticism of your choice in componentry, just my own preference.

We_are_Stevo":1g05cva7 said:
If it were mine I would fit a Ti stem and possibly Ti bar ends with a curve; but that is just me.

To be fair that would Frickin cool too :LOL:

Cheers for the comments, and happy to take more pics, anything in particular?

I was contemplating ti bars, bar ends and stem, but my dbr is kitted out that way so didn't want a clone of that build. I do have a kolo ti all in one bar/stem and some kolo ti bar ends I could use, and I've a silver x-lite post (clickon), but I need an appropriate shim, but for some reason my brain is telling me that a shim is a bad idea on this frame.

Back