Fat and mad does not agree with summer

Russell":2ei2ngd3 said:
Neil":2ei2ngd3 said:
Then none of us should ever have a valid reason for being overweight and not looking like an underwear model, then?.

Nope, unless the reason is laziness or lack of education.

Oh please - the real difference is the same as many other things, that some presume to judge on.

And for those taking offence at the way I made my point spare me - it's not my fault, it's just the way I am - I could be big-boned, or reaching out for a ciggy, or for a glass for some booze, or a pill...

But I didn't - I called some people on expressing that, probably most common trait - rank, fecking, hypocrisy. People spouting off about something that they can only talk about it terms of the absolutes of thermodynamics, when behaviour - just like in all those other things I've hinted at - is ruled by the wild diverging nature of behaviourism, varying hormone profiles, varying biological landscapes, and varying results of societal conditioning.

Nobody likes being told "it's not quite that simple..." because it doesn't suit that established bias.

You know, I've heard tell that there are a bunch of crazy folk that believe there's some supernatural entity that created everything. That some dudes wrote about it a long time ago, and were careful to tinker a bit and add some of their own special little tweaks and "magic" to the mix. And guess what - there's some people that in modern day, completely buy into this. Some to the degree they'd wage war or kill people, supposedly because of it. If these mass delusions didn't just so happen to include some special reserved words, subjects, or terms, then most of society would probably think it bat-shit crazy, and the medical profession claim it's on the spectrum.

From an arbitrary perspective, there's plenty of things to go round that you can describe, that put like that, sound completely fruit loops.

Yet largely we don't. We selectively, and hypocritically pick on the things that we still perceive are valid for criticism, and often out of ignorance, believe we understand and can perch atop a high horse. And the other things? Well unless we're Frankie Boyle, we typically avoid - because we don't want to be thought of as "bad".

"We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are"

Many will happily excuse lots of behaviour in others, because it suits, or they have experience, or they don't want to appear offensive. Yet other topics are fair game, because they suit, and because people don't really want to understand because that wouldn't really suit, and because in general, practically everybody displays hypocrisy at times.

The History Man":3vvo6osf said:
However you attempt to dress it up you were, and by your lack of understanding, continue to be offensive. I only read as far into you posting above to establish that. Again don't presume we all just came down with the last shower. As for anything further you have to say, I suggest you consider your choice of language more carefully.

Suggest away.

Likewise, I'd suggest it best not to oversimplify, because it suits your bias.

In conclusion, I'd also lastly suggest that both our suggestions will likely fall on deaf ears.

Isaac_AG":3vvo6osf said:
I don't want to sit on any high horse, I'm the last to do that, I think people should except the reality of their situation as I have.

"Both been played" not sure what you mean.

99% of the time I get your posts and often agree, I was considered in my early years, as were many, as retarded and just like many who respond to prejudice I find it a very offensive word used by a bygone area to describe a bygone situation, just like the other examples I've mentioned. I later studied to A level, but dropped Uni cus I hated it.

As to the subject it's still a situation that you have to judge your input by your own circumstances, there is no situation where if you input relatively no calories that you'd gain weight, it is all a matter of regulation.

And if only smokers could just regulate themselves better, and - hey, even better, give up. Same with the boozers, and those with the pills and the other stuff.

Hey, perhaps if everybody could just start to be behaviourally "zero defect" the planet would be a much better place. You may be on to something, there...

Or maybe it's just not quite that simple, eh.

We will never have a perfect world whether under your advise or mine, facts are facts though and you cannot hide from them, what we need is early education, we need our offspring to know that drinking, smoking and over eating the wrong things without exercise is going to lead us into serious medical problems, something that the NHS can barely cope with. You can debate all you like but it will always boil down to what you eat/drink is what you are, and to loose weight, just like me, despite my so called fat inducing anti-psychotics, you have to reduce the amount of calories you consume and increase the amount of calories you use.

It's not rocket science.

Alison

Plenty of people who are overweight are already consuming a healthy diet and a healthy calorie intake.

Likewise plenty who are overweight are merely overdoing the calorie intake, whilst exercising plenty.

Increasing exercise can be the answer all on its own.

Reducing calorie intake can work all on its own.

There is no one size fits all solution, even though it's not rocket science.

My wife hates me, I can eat 4 chocolate eclairs and not put on a pound.
When she only smells one and has to do 20 mins on the cross trainer.

Just trying to lighten the thread,
I think we are all clear on people's points.

highlandsflyer":3ny9dg9u said:
Plenty of people who are overweight are already consuming a healthy diet and a healthy calorie intake.

Sorry bur when? I've avoided saying this because it sounds stupid, but starving people are never fat, because they simply are not taking in the calories that fat people are. you don't get obese serious anorexics, because they have a illness that makes them fat.

Alison

It is really simple.

Someone whose 'ideal' weight, by whatever criterion, is 12 stone, might currently be 16 stone and gaining no weight.

Simple lifestyle change may result in the gradual loss of the excess weight without any change of diet.

Once ideal weight is achieved, as no changes were made to eating habits, new weight is more likely maintained.

Happens all the time.

But that's what everyone has been saying, you change your lifestyle and you loose weight, you've been saying that weight can be due to illness and have nothing to do with diet. as I said it's all to do with input and output fat people whatever there illness or medication are fat, like me, because their input is more than their output, simple as.

Alison

Back