Morewood Ndiza ST.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Put it together yesterday. Had the hankering for a morewood to replace the kona commuter. All bits transferred from the kona and added an x0 mech while I was there. Had a quick ride on it and it seems ok. Certainly feels different, maybe a bit lighter but hard to tell.
Im no big fan of white frames but I think it looks ok, minus the orange. Will put up a spec list if anyone is interested. Need to sort proper saddle and post for it as they were both nicked from another bike, doesn't get used much though.
Feel the white is quite fresh and the whole bike feels quite new.

P1020636.jpg

P1020637.jpg

P1020638.jpg

P1020639.jpg

P1020640.jpg

P1020642.jpg

P1020643.jpg

P1020644.jpg

Ooooo, I like that. A lot.

It looks nice in white, especially with the red bits. That's a pretty cool bike for commuting in. Will it get used off road much?

I reckon it needs a thin, race style saddle.

Nice. But forks must be half the weight of the bike. Need something better if you keep it long term in my opinion. No offence.

coomber":32o9v2vk said:
Nice. But forks must be half the weight of the bike. Need something better if you keep it long term in my opinion. No offence.

Josh, she looks awesome but I do agree with coomber, those forks need to go dude,I had a set once and they weighed in heavier than the frame they were fitted to. :cool: :cool:

Good shout on the saddle. Am looking now but no rush. Same with the fork, they are heavy but they work for now. Do want rid though, wouldn't mind an x fusion fork for it. Not sure on frame weight but fork is 3.5kg as I recall. (Edit, the long is 2950 and this is a short).

I reckon a pair of shortened 36's would look ace on that. The Floats are well easy to shorten.

Hit this one running I reckon!
Straitline chain device, hope bash, tech masters, atlas crank, haven bar and reba. No saddle change just yet as its comfy for now.
I was so impatient I got the tech masters on there with the m4 calipers I had and then the new black hose came the next day! So had to re do them but black hose and black goodridge fittings is much nicer. Wouldn't mind a white reba maybe but all is good for the moment.

P1020766.jpg

P1020768.jpg

P1020771.jpg

P1020772.jpg

P1020774.jpg

I know Plymouth roads so that's the ideal commuter ! :LOL:
Nice looking frame, particularly like the Morewood graphics very 80's and it looks more sorted now with the Rebas and less red anno. :cool:

Thanks trek!
More changes - that escalated quickly. Do have the matching rear brake to go on at some point (changed them to black techs with black fittings and red hoses). Otherwise very happy overall. Took it on my local trails and it was superb, maybe more fun than my dh or am bike?

WP_20130711_002.jpg

Back