Fat and mad does not agree with summer

Neil":2cui4lqd said:
The History Man":2cui4lqd said:
You could've halved the printing costs and just said "eat less" ;)

"do more" is just as valid. And both? Well surely two is better than one, as surely one is the loneliest number.

The History Man":2cui4lqd said:
No judgement here. And don't call people retarded just because they (may) hold a different view.

Ah, so there's always some type of criticism people are sensitive too. I did use it for a reason. People always have one tick in a box that irks them...

Yes but there are some words that should never be used be they racial, obscene or prejudiced and retarded is one because of it's historical connotations

Alison

Neil":1axcaguf said:
The History Man":1axcaguf said:

"do more" is just as valid. And both? Well surely two is better than one, as surely one is the loneliest number.

The History Man":1axcaguf said:
No judgement here. And don't call people retarded just because they (may) hold a different view.

Ah, so there's always some type of criticism people are sensitive too. I did use it for a reason. People always have one tick in a box that irks them...

You make some massive assumptions. Not irked, just pointing out your offensive language. Even if it was used to provoke a response it remains shameful and inappropriate. I hope you're proud.

The History Man":q5dwboln said:
Neil":q5dwboln said:

You make some massive assumptions. Not irked, just pointing out your offensive language. Even if it was used to provoke a response it remains shameful and inappropriate. I hope you're proud.

Oh spare me - it was nothing other than a prescribed response. You and Alison are simply overreacting because you've both been played.

All sorts of people do all sorts of stupid shit all the time. They smoke, booze, take recreational drugs, take performance enhancing drugs, take risks with themselves with pastimes, take risks with others because they don't seem to have much concept other than what they want.

Others can easily sit there from an arbitrary perspective, and criticise countless other things that people do, yet just sometimes, they select certain ones because it suits their own perspective, or sense of achieving, or because it subconciously lights a bulb.

Yet sometimes, some people single out some traits for their ire. Psychology tells us some reasons why that might happen - but taking the piss out of, or judging fatties for being fat, is just easier on some peoples' judgement, than many other types of traits that plenty of other people would criticise. Based on some naive or ignorant perspective that it's simple to resolve and people are lazy for not doing so.

What you don't get, is it's this point-and-criticise - this "Oh isn't it all so simple..." in the flying face of millions who are overweight, millions who smoke, millions who booze, millions who take drugs... - that's the attitude that's crap - it's just some smug, self-satisified, or hope to be self-satisfied perspective for those who want to sit on some high horse.

However you attempt to dress it up you were, and by your lack of understanding, continue to be offensive. I only read as far into you posting above to establish that. Again don't presume we all just came down with the last shower. As for anything further you have to say, I suggest you consider your choice of language more carefully.

Neil":10sckcge said:
Then none of us should ever have a valid reason for being overweight and not looking like an underwear model, then?.

Nope, unless the reason is laziness or lack of education.

I don't want to sit on any high horse, I'm the last to do that, I think people should except the reality of their situation as I have.

"Both been played" not sure what you mean.

99% of the time I get your posts and often agree, I was considered in my early years, as were many, as retarded and just like many who respond to prejudice I find it a very offensive word used by a bygone area to describe a bygone situation, just like the other examples I've mentioned. I later studied to A level, but dropped Uni cus I hated it.

As to the subject it's still a situation that you have to judge your input by your own circumstances, there is no situation where if you input relatively no calories that you'd gain weight, it is all a matter of regulation.

Alison

Isaac_AG":1xf5u1tx said:
I don't want to sit on any high horse, I'm the last to do that, I think people should except the reality of their situation as I have.

"Both been played" not sure what you mean.

99% of the time I get your posts and often agree, I was considered in my early years, as were many, as retarded and just like many who respond to prejudice I find it a very offensive word used by a bygone area to describe a bygone situation, just like the other examples I've mentioned. I later studied to A level, but dropped Uni cus I hated it.

As to the subject it's still a situation that you have to judge your input by your own circumstances, there is no situation where if you input relatively no calories that you'd gain weight, it is all a matter of regulation.

Alison

Settled for tuna salad ;) meringue calling in the distance................ :facepalm:

I'm skulking in the background and hiding, cus my meal is crap, no one here they are all eating restaurant food, so my meal is no better than boil in the bag, there is no one to cook for :oops:

Ah well enjoy that meringue pie, I love it along with Key Lime Pie

Alison

Russell":1mudg8d4 said:
highlandsflyer":1mudg8d4 said:
Sure, you may have anecdotal evidence of those who complain about gaining weight due to medical issues rather than over eating or lack of exercise, but applying limited subjective experiences to the unknown is a child like approach to the world.

Do you see what I did there? I refer you to your 'my friends wife' anecdote.

My anecdote would support not applying lazy stereotypes to people I don't know.

Your anecdote does nothing to support your 'stance'.

Back