Fisher RS1-Pro - UPDATED NOW....!

Grobbebol, it's just the physical size of the mech won't allow shifting to the bottom ring. Every mech I've tried knocks against the seat tube. I can't even get creative with the old dremel!

The ideal would be to space off the chainset by 2mm but I can't see how it would be possible.

am i missing something or couldn`t you place a 2mm spacer between the bb spindle and the crank

I'll take a photo tomorrow and post here - it's a custom unit with circlips, my LBS said it can't be done although I've not really stripped it fully to explore. (I'm a bit lazy see!)

had this conversation in work the other night , with this guy who used to be a fitter / mechanic

and how these days people are too lazy or dont have the knowledge to fix things, they just rip them out and stick a new part in

and how most parts now are sealed units ( cars ) and cant be repaired without ruining them

when someone came in with something not working , the part was stripped down and fixed

lots of knowledge being lost as time goes on :roll:

Slim, agree with you. I have a new Golf GTtdi and I can't do a thing to it. Can't even change the oil and filters!

I used to have a 205gti and that was stripped and rebuilt - loved that car!

Personally I love tinkering but it has become more and more of a time issue since kids etc...

John, Thanks!

Deelam, the PDF is now on line in the gallary. More to come but I have a size problem...don't we all :oops:

There must be a way around the problem because it worked before! Did you try to drop the question at the man himself? Gary should know this wouldn't he?

I looked for a broshure but couldn't find the real deal so you have to do with the PDF, sorry.

Grobbebol, you're a star for the scans - thanks!

How could I get hold of Mr Fisher? Anyone know?

I am sure that I just need a centaur front mech - that is the one which was mated to the Sugino chainset on the 92 model. The XTR mech was with the old XTR chainset.

Getting confused though, as I seem to have the 93 frame with mainly 92 components. Oh well - it doesn't really matter - I just want to ride it!!!

What kind of bottom bracket is it? Isn't possible to swap the axle for a longer one? Pictures could solve this case...so remove the BB and show it to the world :)

I can't remove it as I've no circlip pliers :(

I'll take a photo or two later though once the snot-gobblers are in bed!

Cheers!

Back