Fat and mad does not agree with summer

Isaac_AG":12q1u773 said:
I was hospitalised a while ago, I'm free now.

There are not too many women on here but we are defo a growing breed :D You'll be surprised at what people have gone through on here and I've received better advice on here than I've ever got off the proper self help group sites, and sometimes my own psych team :roll:

Alison

Fantastic. Congrats!

But really, don't worry about what others think. Judgmental people aren't worth your energies.

highlandsflyer":geowpsab said:
Sure, you may have anecdotal evidence of those who complain about gaining weight due to medical issues rather than over eating or lack of exercise, but applying limited subjective experiences to the unknown is a child like approach to the world.

Do you see what I did there? I refer you to your 'my friends wife' anecdote.

To be honest I tend to be with Russell on this, some meds, such as my anti psychotics, are supposed to increase weight so I was told to adjust my diet and exersise accordingly, it's still a simple case of adjusting your calorie intake to your calorie output, medical conditions don't increase weight they may make you more susceptible to weight gain therefore you have to tailor your intake to reflect this, and this I've been told by doctors.

Alison

Isaac_AG":1ltrxcuc said:
medical conditions don't increase weight they may make you more susceptible to weight gain therefore you have to tailor your intake to reflect this.

Alison

Bingo!

Simple maths indeed HM.

Russell":2ogzoxz0 said:
Isaac_AG":2ogzoxz0 said:
medical conditions don't increase weight they may make you more susceptible to weight gain therefore you have to tailor your intake to reflect this.

Alison

Bingo!

Simple maths indeed HM.

I don't think any right minded person is ever trying to say that biological conservation of energy has ever been shown to be broken by "special" people, all the same, it's needlessly dismissive to ignore soft factors like behaviourism.

The medical conditions and drugs people often take, that are told may affect their weight, don't do so by magic - in many cases it's impact on hormones or the appetite, as opposed to suddenly proving some magic about being able to create energy.

There are facts that are often, conveniently overlooked - and this ISN'T making excuses for people, but it's proper understanding, as opposed to point-and-comment jibes, because a lot of what people choose to take the piss out of in the past, has been taken off the menu. All things are not equal - there are people who legitmately find it harder to put on weight - just as a counter, there are people who legitmately find it harder to lose weight. There are people who's hormone profile, predisposition to partitioning, means that they are more likely to increase more muscle than others when they gain weight, just as there are people who are more likely to increase more fat than muscle when they gain weight. There are people who's metabolic rate is naturally higher than others. There are people who absorb more / less from the food they ingest. All things are not necessarily equal - nor is hormonal response to the food we all eat a level playing field.

That's not to say that there's any magic involved in losing weight - but those that over-simplify, or seek to so easily rush to judgement, are as retarded as my idea on how to make millions from my very own diet book. It was to have four - that's right, four - and I didn't copyright them, so feel free...

"Eat less, do more."

The millions never rolled in.

Can't for the life of me think why.

Anybody who wants to be either judgemental, or the point-and-criticise, then dismiss, in my experience at least, doesn't fully understand the situation. That we are not all equal, that behaviourism is very much a huge part of why people are fat, thin, "normal", or that hormone landscape and response very much has a significant impact on appetite, and how the body reacts to food, is simply seeing things as they want to see them, and fitting them to their very own bias and prejudice.

And if you believe that not to be the case, then buy my bloody book already.

You could've halved the printing costs and just said "eat less" ;)

No judgement here. And don't call people retarded just because they (may) hold a different view.

The History Man":36148lgz said:

No judgement here. And don't call people retarded just because they (may) hold a different view.

Like THM said, don't call people retarded under any circumstances :evil:

Basically you've said in long terms what I've said adjust your diet to your condition, temperament and medication.

Alison

The History Man":3suyw7f9 said:

"do more" is just as valid. And both? Well surely two is better than one, as surely one is the loneliest number.

The History Man":3suyw7f9 said:

Ah, so there's always some type of criticism people are sensitive too. I did use it for a reason. People always have one tick in a box that irks them...

Isaac_AG":32tabtt4 said:
The History Man":32tabtt4 said:

Like THM said, don't call people retarded under any circumstances :evil:

Basically you've said in long terms what I've said adjust your diet to your condition, temperament and medication.

Alison

Then none of us should ever have a valid reason for being overweight and not looking like an underwear model, then?

It's simply not that simple unless you are looking to assume it's that simple - because people being human, tend to rarely conform their behaviour to scientific formula.

And spare me the sensitivity to a word I deliberately included to tease out the the reaction that some will have, with seemingly no connection to context.

Back