Dawes New Wave

I've still got the stem from my old raw nerve in the garage.
Needs paint as it got a crap matt black job at some point, but its all there, even got an internal canti roller :8

bren":3b0pv5ek said:
Needs paint as it got a crap matt black job at some point, but its all there, even got an internal canti roller :8

There you go Neil, its all on a plate for you... :D

This place is brilliant!

bren":108yq6of said:

That's a really kind offer bren. Is it 1 1/8"?

Are you sure about that seat post size?

My blue Kili Wot (and the red one) is Magnum 531 tubing and the seat post is 29.4, same as my cro-mega...

...they build up into a nice bike and the ride is very responsive, with a degree of suppleness that you only get with 531 :cool:

We_are_Stevo":31f1tpx6 said:
Are you sure about that seat post size?
I tried a 29.6 seatpost and it dropped in easily and my vernier calipers read 30mm when I measured the inside of the seat tube, but I guess the only way to be completely sure is with a seatpost.

I may well go 27.2 and use a shim, as that always gives a little room for adjustment.

NeilM":xnb9kn4x said:
bren":xnb9kn4x said:

That's a really kind offer bren. Is it 1 1/8"?

Indeed. I'll grab a pic if you like?

E40660DB-B71D-45A8-A978-ACC2A34F84DB-9834-000002F3DC5232EB.jpg

079DF0AF-0C5B-4A1A-BEEA-6C8A705058D0-9834-000002F3D2EA63B3.jpg

FF3C3668-D65E-471C-9FED-C0FDC945CEBE-9834-000002F3E4AAAE6C.jpg

Just the job bren, PM sent.

Head Set is here and when the guy said NOS he was not kidding, the box has it's original Shimano sellotape still in place. :shock:

Also, I found a pair of DX levers and sti shifters in one of my spares draws (as ya do), so that's one less thing to buy.

That stem is the exact same as mine, comes with "Dawes" painted on each side originally as below.

Can you believe that I didn't notice the slots on the undersized and actually sourced and fitted a seperate canti-hanger :roll: ? Good job I haven't got as far as doing the cables, that's going to be a lot neater now.

I can see yours is evolving (in your head) nicely. Sometimes just a part or two coming along at the right time and the right price can give you a nudge in the right direction.

Attachments

• Dawes Stem.JPG
    Dawes Stem.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 314
Back