Cheap alloy seatpost, 27.2 x 300-350mm - SORTED

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Cheap alloy seatpost required: 27.2 diameter, length between 300mm and 350mm. Modern is fine, nothing fancy required here though ideally the top 12-15cm should be in decent nick. Black probably will suit better but silver considered too. NOW SORTED

Cheers

Re: Cheap alloy seatpost, 27.2 x 300-350mm

I think i have what you are looking for.
It is a silver JD Seat post and has a overall lenght of 350mm.
Sorry for the bad midnight pics.
p1cw.jpg

k63i.jpg

6h9p.jpg

400x27.2 Genesis post in pretty decent nick. I don't know if collecting's an option for you, but postage is silly expensive for longer items now and probably prohibitive for a cheap post. £5 if you can collect :)

Top Tip:

I've been told that there's a special rate for posting rolled documents, so pop your posts and handlebars in a tube and save some cash! :cool:

Thanks for the replies so far:

juice: I think the postage from Germany is going to kill this one

Reluctant: this would probably do me be ok but 400mm is longer than I want, ideally

Reluctant and elPedro666. Actually the recent Royal Mail size changes don't affect things much for seatposts. 'Small parcel' size is 45cm x 35cm x 8cm, so unless it's a very long seatpost it's comfortably within that - £2.60 is the normal cost. It does change things prohibitively for bars and items where the smallest length is over 8cm, like saddles.

:LOL: Must be the way I pack them! The last post I posted cost £6.40 if I remember right, recorded mail. Must be the sheer volume of bubble wrap I like to use :D

Yeah, as I posted I was thinking that it applies to bars really, not sure why a post would be so bad! Hermes will probably do it for three quid either way :)

How about a swap for something else?
That way postage cost are nothing to worry about. :cool:

Now sorted thanks to Marc. Thanks to all the others for your offers!

Back