Orange clockwork serial numbers

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
How do they work?
I know it starts with an A 0 and its on the side of the seat tube.
Can someone help?

Edit: Ok I found something about it. But what does the A mean? I know its manufacturer but aren't they all built by Orange? And is 1990 one a rare vintage?

A is for A-Pro, Orange's (and others) frame builders in Taiwan.

Built to Oranges' specification, just cheaper to do it over there.

There'll be a few 1990 Clockworks on here I'm sure :D

The frame wasn't, just like a lot of the components were not. I was assembled and designed in the UK. Only a handful of very early ones were and as far as we know the Formula's as they are custom spec frames.

Hi all wonder if you could help me. I have an old clockwork orange bike in the shed in good condition for a retro but was wondering what year it could possibly be serial no is A2070203.
I have looked everywhere but can't find a catalogue of it have asked my dad and he seems to think 1987???
So me being a women I thought you boys might know more than me Dad thanks :D

2 = 1992
07 = July

Not sure about the 0203 - guess at production run number. If that is the case then my Orange Clockwork (A2070215) was 12 frames after yours. Almost twins :cool:

Rob

Cheers guys, not an 1987 as me Dad thought, see I new you lot would know, how much do you think its worth?

groovyblueshed":1efpi5jh said:
Hi, mine is A319 40163 – can anyone help suss this one out?
Are you sure the 4 isn't actually an A? If so, some of the earlier ones were in that format, with A3 presumably being a department within A. The 1 seems to be the year and the 9 the month, although they all seem to be 9s so that might be in doubt (unless they were all built at the same time, which is quite possible). That would make it a 1992 model.

It is quite possible that a batch was made. Orange was not a high throughput company so frames would be built in batches. Much like the 4 batches of Alu-0's all made in 1991 but also all of a different rolling design change.

Back