BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominat

Tempted to throw in my '93 Alu O - bought as a frame back then - built up as I could afford the bits - and still built with pretty much the same parts as it had then.
If I can be fagged to take some pics over the weekend...

I am just waiting for someone with a nice Muddy Fox Alu Team 91/92 to enter to silence all the muddy detractors ;) :LOL:

If I had not so stupidly sold mine it would be in here already :oops: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Retro Spud":3s7oaw4l said:
KDM":3s7oaw4l said:
A better combination would have been Saracen, Muddy Fox and Raleigh given these were mostly entry level bikes and would have been those of our young years.

You mean B.O.T.M should revolve around the trusty but badly neglected steeds we did Paper rounds on :shock:

Extra marks for Buckled wheels and rusty chains ?? :cool:

Why not? I suppose it depends on wether retro bike means retro bike or who can afford the oldest most exspensive bike whilst wearing a "I am special badge". To my mind there is a place for all and many are the very bikes at the entry point that got us infactuated and poor whilst using the forum.

Nothing embarrasing about your bike origins if you genuinely like two wheels instead of labels

KDM":1kuqafpa said:
Why not? I suppose it depends on wether retro bike means retro bike or who can afford the oldest most exspensive bike whilst wearing a "I am special badge". To my mind there is a place for all and many are the very bikes at the entry point that got us infactuated and poor whilst using the forum.

Nothing embarrasing about your bike origins if you genuinely like two wheels instead of labels

Well said, that man!

There once was an ugly ducking, with feathers all stubby and braaaan. :LOL:

But I love it. Got me back on a bike after 25 years.

kermitgreenkona88":1d0h0res said:
I am just waiting for someone with a nice Muddy Fox Alu Team 91/92 to enter to silence all the muddy detractors ;) :LOL:

If I had not so stupidly sold mine it would be in here already :oops: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Can (nearly) do an 89 alu team pro but this BOTtoM has come a month early :cry:

do I run with the Orange or give the 'lightened' Courier another run out.... :D

Archemist":hwzg352d said:
Can (nearly) do an 89 alu team pro but this BOTtoM has come a month early :cry:

shame - loving the paintwork - first MF I've wanted to own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back