Terrible bike names

ishaw":23dthyv7 said:
MADJEZ":23dthyv7 said:
Raleigh ..... :)
Having literally just this minute finished building a Raleigh dyna-tech titanium/rsp tourus/x-lite bike, I have to disagree there, though my first mtb was a Raleigh Cajun. Back then I thought it was named after a curry, the naievity of youth.

OK I'm biased, I've never had a decent Raleigh so don't know what a properly made one is like. I just had to put up with the tat BSOs they produced in the 80s.

Also (I might be beheaded for this) TREKK... Isn't that like naming a good pair of hiking boots "Bike"..?

Anything made by Dave Lloyd or Cove is usually cringe inducing. Probably funny to a 14 year old but I'd be embarrassed to ride one let alone spend top money on owning one.

The Commençal SuperNormal always brings a smile to my face. :)
Although the bike is indeed nothing out of the ordinary, so it's a bit apt really...

187_223.jpg

All the best,

Retro ones that spring to mind:

The Donkis knob, dogs bollox ones, makes me think they went on to drive a nova with a sticker of dogs balls in the back window and a pissing football fan, funny, before the age of shaving.

Some of the Kona ones, 'I have a hurumpha-nana-mumu', 'poor thing I hope it isn't too serious'.

It's kind of hard though to pick a brand name for a bike without it sounding cheesy or just crap.

Is it crap or quite funny?

The S&M bmx model: Heavy as F**k....except without the asterisks.

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 15.01.17.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 15.01.17.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 348

Latest posts

Back