Pro cycling chat and Road CC Fantasy Cycling thread 2013

Froome has shown form in tt's so his ride seemed as expected.

I think the reason the lead seems dramatic is...

Every other gc rider seems to be totally off the boil - the 2 mountain stages shows that - 2nd day especially - an isolated groomed and it was Movistar creating the most trouble, and contador seemingly being towed up by a team mate?

Jono_blackheart":29l292fn said:
Froome has shown form in tt's so his ride seemed as expected.

I think the reason the lead seems dramatic is...

Every other gc rider seems to be totally off the boil - the 2 mountain stages shows that - 2nd day especially - an isolated groomed and it was Movistar creating the most trouble, and contador seemingly being towed up by a team mate?

Seems about right, if contador or valverde had the legs they would have attacked when quintana was trying to get away. And I think it is fair to ssy quintana will cause the most trouble

And At least some of the non-gc teams have decided to stir things up to Make it interesting...

I think the second mountain stage/tt largely stopped a lot of the back-chat about froome as well - if he can keep that up (and hopefully g will be on form by the last week) then it certainly looking good.

Valverde is not even in the top 10 anymore. That might give quintana freedom to ride for himself. Might see a climbing dual between him and froome on the alp

I wonder what the saxo boys have in store for today? They must be wrecked, and with the big one tomorrow who knows

Grannygrinder":2k86v1rm said:
I reckon Jens Voigt will have a crack today :D
All the top ten are sensing blood. Team Sky away with the faeries and Froome a stranded, wounded lion. The next couple of days will tell us how big and hairy are his balls...

Not the greatest Dreamteam day for me, played it safe and hoped Sagan might have chased the stage win and had Hoogerland and Flecha for breakaway candidates.

Still big day tomorrow. I'm hoping Froome takes the fight to the challengers.

Back