Excellent bike names

Koupe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
In a blatant plagiarisation of ishaw's recent thread, can I have some suggestions for truly inspired model names? They don't necessarily need to be clever puns or in-jokes, feel free to explain any tenuous or obscure stories that may not be obvious to all.

I'll start off with the obvious DOGS, CATS and DONKIS ;) and give an honourable mention to the Orange Clockwork, which still ranks as one of my all-time favourite names.

I only (fairly) recently came to realise that Marin named their older models after actual iconic trails & peaks in the MTBing 'homeland', rather than just picking impressive-sounding but generic labels, which I think is a nice touch - not sure how many other brands did the same?

i was thinking about starting a thread like this after seeing the other one :D

love Orange Clockwork, also Patriot from them.

whiskey town racer :cool:

GT Karakorum, named after a trail in Afghanistan i believe although when i had one we pronounced it "cacker-ram" because there used to be a bunch of local numpties steeling bikes off kids so the term was coined that you'd ram a cacker if he went after you on your bike! :LOL:

Orange Vitamin T, Ibis Bow-Ti and not strictly a bike name but Ibis MorOn tubing always gives me a chuckle. Likewise some of the colours you can get such as a Cotic in builders tea or Ibis Mojo in vitamin pee.

Here in Norway we have DBS who had an 'Intruder' and my favorite the 'Penetrator'.
Might have just as well called the 'Burglar' and 'Rapist'.

-EDIT- Just realized this should be in the terrible bike names thread. Oh well they make me smile.

I'm such a dunce on bike names I don't even know what the Raleigh my sister bought me BITD was, I know it was worth stealing though. But I love some of the Kona names, even if they have been named in the other thread.

Maybe I should start the middle if the road thread and start with the Explorer or even the Activator :)

Alison

Back