Funk £400

I'd defo have another if I could track one down... although occasionally FS Manitou's tempt me as do ProFloaters. :) I'm lucky enough to have a BowTi as well so its not like I need another bike. lol.

$(KGrHqFHJBkFHJ3RhYdvBR2,)NS(cg~~48_80.JPG

makes me want to recite the pledge of allegiance...if I were to own such a frame, it would go for an epic ride, every 4th of July.

purchased, mine all mine. Now... the bigger question, what to build it up with and do I strip the yankee doodle paint job off and polish... thoughts? I'm thinking I'm more inclined to keep it the way it is, original. the only question is what fork to match that paint job, maybe old manitous or rock shox... I'd love to find a rigid funk fork but suspect that'll be hard. oooh I'm so going to enjoy this. :)

Nice one! You should email Daryl Funk to ask if it is indeed the original paint job...sure he would remember that one. If it is its worth keeping as it looks in good condition. Rigid Funk fork...I think I saw some on ebay recently...same seller had some hens teeth and rocking horse poo listed as well :D

Mani 1s would suit the age of the frame if you can find some with a 1 -1/4" steerer. You could always get them colour matched.

Looking forward to the build thread. :D

edit : Actually looking at it again it looks like a later one. The flat topped seattube means it needs a collar...and it has welded cable stops not the screw in ones. I reckon thats a 1993 ..maybe an Easton Varilite version.

ti_pin_man":45rz2fjl said:
purchased, mine all mine. Now... the bigger question, what to build it up with and do I strip the yankee doodle paint job off and polish... thoughts? I'm thinking I'm more inclined to keep it the way it is, original. the only question is what fork to match that paint job, maybe old manitous or rock shox... I'd love to find a rigid funk fork but suspect that'll be hard. oooh I'm so going to enjoy this. :)

If its a 93 it starts to get into manitou 2 territory but if I can find a rigid fork it would be brill. Anybody know of any?

Too true...in which case you may as well get Mani 4s.

Are you after a Funk rigid fork? :shock:

I have a 1 1/4 steel fork (not funk tho) knocking about if you wanted something to get you going.

ti_pin_man":2tgwf00m said:
If its a 93 it starts to get into manitou 2 territory but if I can find a rigid fork it would be brill. Anybody know of any?

Back