Fun Car. Talk to me!

I wish I'd never started looking at R32 Skylines now.. :roll:

A '94 GTR, 450bhp, mint condition inside and out, FSH, fresh import (1 owner in Japan since new), £8k.

Shame I haven't got 8 grand!

MX-5, CRX or MR2 would be the obvious choices, Celicas are good fun too and I think you could pick up a Civic-R although it maybe leggy. RX8's are cheap for a reason, the drink fuel and oil and are expensive to repair with most in that bracket probably needing a rebuild soonish. My Fabia vRS only set me back £3k, but it needed a clutch, radiator, 3 Tyres and a new rear caliper when I got it.

Carl.

Completely leftfield but if it was me, I'd hunt down a good Mercedes 500 SEC or 560 SEC, absolutely amazing on twisty mountain roads - IF you get the one with the sportline suspension already fitted.

Other than that, MX5, S2000, MR2, Megane Coupe (2.0 16v), Clio Williams, all fun on the twisty stuff,

MX5/MR2 vote here.... I was aiming for one until I upped my budget and went for a Z4. Either way in this weather it has to be something you can get the roof down on!

MX5s are looking like a good bet.

But then I like the Alfa GTVs, and there are a couple of lovely GTV Cups for sale over on Pistonheads at the moment :cool:

The History Man":33ccg6hb said:
You want to drive it not push it!

Haha, yes I'm well aware of their reputation! ;)

But it doesn't bother me too much. The car will be a fair weather driver and it'll only cover very limited mileage - one of the GTV Cups has only done 55k and it's got a full Alfa service history.

Mmmmmmmmmmm...

Number 151 of 155 produced :cool:

alfa-romeo-gtv-cup-S597711-8.jpg

alfa-romeo-gtv-cup-S597711-5.jpg

Back