Cove Hustler Frameset £175 Posted - SOLD

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD

NOTE - ONLY THE FRAME IS FOR SALE NOW. I HAVE REMOVED ALL OF THE OTHER BITS, IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION.

I can't afford to have 2 bikes, and the modern version of one of my all time favourites has just been put up for sale on the forum, which has made this decision slightly easier ;)

2005 Cove Hustler frameset in the original white with the original decals. Size 15.5". I have known this frame since it was brand new, as it belonged to my best riding buddy who is also a member on here (delihustler). It's always been well maintained, and it had a complete set of new bearings fitted around 18 months ago from memory. It's had very little use since, as delihustler built up a new bike shortly after changing the bearings, and the Hustler frame was consigned to live on the top of his vivarium! The frame is well travelled, having been all over the UK, as well as to Morzine. It's done everything from short course DH to full on Enduros, which just goes to show how versatile it is! Soon after I bought it, I swapped out the original Fox RP3 rear shock for a more modern RP23 shock with a slightly longer stroke (54mm instead of the original 45mm). The bike therefore has just over 6" of rear travel, instead of the original 5", and there has been no noticeable change in geometry. All bearings are buttery smooth and there is no play whatsoever (these things are bombproof). The rear shock works perfectly. Comes with RaceFace Evolve seatpost, silver seatclamp and headset (although the headset will need replacing at some point as it's a bit rough). Bear in mind that Cove were knocking these out for £1500 when they were released (and still are I think!) £175 posted to UK
SOLD

Pics:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 703
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 703
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 702
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 702
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 702
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 702
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 703
Re: Cove Hustler Split - Fox, Hope, Crank Bros, RaceFace

Whoops :oops:

Tyres are RACING RALPH and not ROCKET RON, as I originally stated.

I've changed the description now.

Id like to buy this please;

Crank Brothers Cobalt 2 XC Flat Handlebar. 31.8mm, 680mm wide, 0 degree upsweep, 6 degree backsweep. UNCUT. Some VERY slight marks from fitting, but not noticeable once fitted. Bought at the same time as the stem and barely used. £25 posted to UK

Blacktopdisciple":382uhgry said:
Id like to buy this please;

Crank Brothers Cobalt 2 XC Flat Handlebar. 31.8mm, 680mm wide, 0 degree upsweep, 6 degree backsweep. UNCUT. Some VERY slight marks from fitting, but not noticeable once fitted. Bought at the same time as the stem and barely used. £25 posted to UK

No problem. I have to sell the frame first, otherwise I'll be keeping the whole thing. You've got first refusal on the handlebars :)

suburbanreuben":1sgludak said:
Can I dibs the RF cranks, please, pending pics?
TA.

You certainly can.

As soon as I've sold the frame, I'll strip the bike down and take some good pictures of everything.

Can I have the air in the tyres? I need a little more in my on-one :p

Back