my bikes stolen :-( ...and found :-)

I remember when my old Inspector had his Orange nicked. He was a p&$@k so none of us looked very hard... or at all in fact!

Cracking result, and a salutary lesson - a lot of the kit that gets recovered is never linked to an owner due to lack of identifying marks, owner not keeping serial numbers etc.

FluffyChicken":3i2prtqa said:
Police just doing their job.
Raided a place (house) found them and many others as far as I can gather. Mine where the first to identify as they stood out in the sea of black to white and shades of.
Policeman remembered the record and pictures I had sent.
Oddly even the small bright but single prominent logo on the glossy black Alu-O stood out.

So if you want a bike back, make sure there is something easy to notice on it.

P.S. using the name calling 'retard' is much like the name calling 'nigger' it is quite offensive ...
sorry....point taken.
i shall refer to bike thieves as "gentlemen" in the future! ;)

Great news! If you need any bits to get them back on the road, let me know as I'd be happy to help keep the good karma rolling if I can.

Ishaw, I've stripped it down for a clean up and ponder what to do with it.

It has about half its paint, but then it's been like that for a long time :LOL:
Rust will clean up just to get rid of the worming bits, I need to take more paint off really.
Its just finding somewhere not to expensive, that can do similar tough finsh. This was Imron paint and is only off where big scrapes or my digging through to rust has removed it (to cover in kurust.) Functional but not pretty.
The stuff on my Kona an Argos finish apparently, is a bit shite in comparisson.

I would powdercoat but reports so far say they cannot do the colour junction with a sharp edge (odd as RM did it in '92 onwards) and I want decals under top coat as they are now.

I might put it back to retro from it modern brakes and mechs.
SL steerer is the main part i'm after

Result!

must be the season for nicking bikes, had a few round my way go in the last few weeks. My mate found his Lapierre for sale in the local Cash Converters!!
Needless to say the numpty who nicked it is now answering to the Police on several counts of theft :D

Back