1989 Saracen Tufftrax.

That really is a beaut!!!! Love that colour blue and i think the paint stays so good on them as they were powdercoated,

and speak of the devil,heres my pink one lol,slightly modded though with a full deore Lx goup apart from the deore thumbies and brake levers. I do have the reflectors and rear bracket somewhere too.

SNB12406.jpg

lee25":3tbrcjs2 said:
That really is a beaut!!!! Love that colour blue and i think the paint stays so good on them as they were powdercoated,

and speak of the devil,heres my pink one lol,slightly modded though with a full deore Lx goup apart from the deore thumbies and brake levers. I do have the reflectors and rear bracket somewhere too.

Good for posting your pink one - saved me searching for it! You are right about the paint quality - can't believe the colours are still bright 20 odd years on.

Dossa":2f2z0dvo said:
Just need a black Saracen water bottle for the ultimate finishing touch! :D

Forgot my original bike came with one of those bitd! I'll have to keep an eye out.

Thanks for the comments gang. If possible all my future retro content will be as original as possible with no rebuilds and no resprays. Don't hold me to that though! :roll: :LOL:

Nice job done there Brocklanders :cool:

As you know I am partial to the old Saracen and yours is a stunning example, They certainly meant them to last in the late 80's and early 90's :D

Cheers Stumpy and good thread bump!

Not much has changed with this except the addition of a smoke/dart combo. Currently sat in my sisters garage feeling very sorry for itself. :(

I have trouble with my 1989 Tufftrax.
I bought a Genesis Croix de Fer (almost as heavy) but the Saracen is my go to bike!
I've just done the Downs Link Path on it. Nearly 80 miles Guildford to Shoreham and back with no problems.
The original saddle was put at the back of my garage within 2 hours of buying the bike new. A Selle Italia Trans Am saves having an arse transplant.
The overall weight is of its time (like me - lardy) and brakes are quite wooden.
I've collected bits to upgrade but never quite get round to doing the work (froggslegs, lighter wheels and carbon forks).
In its life I've cycled the London to Brighton, bits of France and along the Kennet & Avon and commuted into London for 18 months.
I've repaired things when they've been broken and it still looks ready to take on anything thrown at it.
If I was an accountant then the Saracen is worth the price of a pair tyres for the CdF. But I ain't and accountants never know the meaning of value.
Anyone want to buy a Genesis Croix de Fer?

Good thread bump Phil!! That reminds me, I need to rescue mine from my sisters as I've finally moved to a house with a garage. :xmas-cool:

May as well chuck it in BOTM so here's a few more pics after I rescued it from my sisters. :D

Attachments

• DSC00515.JPG
    DSC00515.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00519.JPG
    DSC00519.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00518.JPG
    DSC00518.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00516.JPG
    DSC00516.JPG