Roadie ebay madness

Mr Panda":2qllbd3p said:
......and another thing........single shifter to operate a front derry? Never seen that before - surely the norm would be double lever shifter to work front and rear derrys :?

Or am I showing my ignorance?

:LOL:

Could be intended for use with the Cambio Corsa gear changer which was operated by two levers attached to the right seat stay.

http://campagnolo.wikispaces.com/Cambio+Corsa

Attachments

• cambio_corsa_1.png
    cambio_corsa_1.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 398
After showing some campag brakes on here for a value and was told they were worth around the £100 mark, I put them on ebay with a 99p start and no reserve. They sold for £355 which kind of illustrates that what one baulks at, another thinks nothing of.
I guess some people just really want the right part.

Chute55uk":49ygfn5l said:
After showing some campag brakes on here for a value and was told they were worth around the £100 mark, I put them on ebay with a 99p start and no reserve. They sold for £355 which kind of illustrates that what one baulks at, another thinks nothing of.
I guess some people just really want the right part.

That is really great, which brakes were they?

To be honest I cant remember I think they were record? They were bought in 1976 and never fitted there was 2 calipers and levers with hoods unused but a bit spotty with dirt and a spot of rust on the adjuster

Are there different versions of this type matchbox front changer? ie year style of letters?
I have one in the shed in a box :xmas-cool: :xmas-big-grin:

There were several versions beginning in the early 50s with the gran sport and continuing into the 1970s with the Valentino. A quick spotters guide is the Campagnolo logo which on early versions is the winged wheel and then became the sun . Gran sport can further be distinguished from Valentino by the location of the screw that secures the cage to the rod. Top is GS front, Valentino. Classic Lightweights has an excellent side by side comparison in the link below.

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/co ... ngers.html

Back