Your wrong!

What exactly is wrong with being left wing?

The fact is we are living in a fairly tolerant society undermined by a minority of bigots.

These narrow minded goons have stirred the pot intentionally to heighten tensions and instil baseless fears.

Everyone should take a good look at themselves and imagine how you would feel were you seeking a new life in another land and the inhabitants blamed you for all their ills, regardless of clear indications you were nothing to do with them.

I don't know where Chopper stands on the political spectrum (because I've not been paying attention) but it seems to me that calling out a paper called "The Independent" for actually having a leaning is necessarily the same as equating leftiness with baditude.

MikeD":2zqh5cb5 said:
I don't know where Chopper stands on the political spectrum (because I've not been paying attention) but it seems to me that calling out a paper called "The Independent" for actually having a leaning is necessarily the same as equating leftiness with baditude.

I'm not entirely convinced of the consistency in appraising any political leanings The Independent may have...

At one point he quothed:-
Chopper1192":2zqh5cb5 said:
In any case, this was The Independent, the Daily Fail for those a bit up themselves.

Then at another:-
Chopper1192":2zqh5cb5 said:
The Independent are a bunch of thinly veiled lefties.

The conclusion I've drawn is this...

1. He's a bit confused about their political leanings
2. He doesn't like either The Independent or The Daily Mail
3. I suspect he does equate leftiness with badness (FSVO "badness")

I can clearly this up.

I have no political leanings.

I do indeed not like most newspapers, mainly because of the political slant.

I'm not a fan of lefties, or righties. Or in betweenies. Conventional party politics is to blame for every single major failing in society today. As to what the answer is I have no idea, but then I'm not claiming a salary based upon my political ideals.

phoned my granddad earlier, said I was on my way to his house and would he like anything, he said yes a daily mail, I asked if he would not prefer an independent. no get me the daily mail he said.
when I got there he flicked to the back and found the offer for hardy perennials :LOL: then flicked to the tv to see when the flower show was on
im not really sure why you lot are on about :LOL:

technodup":2pqdkt9u said:
Foreign aid might be only 1.1% but that is something like £10bn. The real question is how many people think that is too much? I know I do.

10bn spent on aid is not 10bn spent on arms

lumos2000":3mxvmh7k said:
technodup":3mxvmh7k said:
Foreign aid might be only 1.1% but that is something like £10bn. The real question is how many people think that is too much? I know I do.

You've got a point there. 10bn spent on arms would ultimately reduce the need to spend any on aid.

Or have I got that wrong?

technodup":2niky67w said:
lumos2000":2niky67w said:
technodup":2niky67w said:

You've got a point there. 10bn spent on arms would ultimately reduce the need to spend any on aid.

Or have I got that wrong?

depends who the arms get used on

by this chart its peanuts anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UK_taxes.svg

Back