Vote .Do want Cycling to be nationally recognized.?

Do you want Cycling to be Nationally recognized in the Year calender

• YES

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • NO

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure as any country has a day set aside for a particular or any sport.

Still, nice idea. If you do an online petition for an Australian National BMX day you will get my support.

We do sort of have national days of cycling thanks to pressure groups, etc. here in the UK.

I don't see what harm a cycling day would do if it were a public holiday, we could always use more of them!

It seems to be a national day of thisorthat every other week, just what are they for?
National day of cycling; would we get a day off work and would all cars be grounded for the day? En mass critical mass.

Surely the chap is after a day off. Not just a 'special day'. National Holiday FTW.

do you want cycling to be nationally recognized

reguardless of lands..even in your country ....as a celebrated marked celender day ..

No need to snap snapper, your revised question made more sense than your original.

As part of a national bike awareness scheme we have Bike Week up here in Edinburgh, i think thats more than enough.

Not sure using BMX as the basis for this is going to help national awareness on the streets. Around here only BMX seen are either doing trick riding in carparks or similar or being ridden badly against all the rules of the road by youths on bikes that contravene the required standards of bike maintenance.

I would like to see much more encouragement for cycling full stop.

Closing off roads and making them cycle only and lots more funding to entice people into cycling to work, etc.

Every major road should have a cycle lane option.

Given how many journey made by car are short, we could make those journeys much more bike friendly and the net benefits health and environment wise would be huge.

BC are doing this with the Skyride programme, they close roads in certain cities for a day.
We run local ride groups for all levels of rider., and encourage those attendees to then plan and host their own rides via the GoSkyRide social site.

Our local council Cycle Stoke run organised rides too.

There is a lot of support for cycling our there, but nobody is forced to do it, if folks get of their arses and fancy cycling there's plenty of enthusiasts just willing to help;

Retrobike group rides for 1.

I don't feel there is enough being done given the urgency to get more cyclists on the road, or cars off it. It should be organised at national level, part of the transport policy. I think the bent is always to 'leisure' when cycling is being promoted.

We should possibly be paying people to cycle to work.

Really.

Everyone should have access to bikes, and we ought to provide them on an interest free loan basis to everyone, not just people who can access cycle to work schemes.

At the same time we ought to be penalising people more heavily for using cars on their own, or on unnecessary journeys.

Cycling covers all forms of cycles

It is plainly marked on your year calendar as any other celebrated day ...not days off or monies advance just a :D ...that it is important .It may be used as a lever to get people out about or away....on their .........bike

Latest posts

Back