Purple Ano GT RTS....rare??

I have the same frame but in black anno (same decals) from what I've been told it's a 94, sold as a frame only but the same frame as the 1 & team. the rts1 & team were sold as complete bikes in 94 then in 95 they sold the lts & rts teams as frame kits.
I've seen blue, black and purple frames sell on eBay for around $350 - $450usd over the last couple of years so I guess they must be pretty well sort after.

Ah, thanks, that's what I was looking for. So mine was probably a frame only meant to be sold in '94, maybe '95, it just never sold and collected dust till I came along in '97. Considering the difference between a Team and a 1 is the parts they use on the assembled bikes, it makes sense a frame only had no designation. I don't imagine they ever sold the Taiwan RTS's as frame only back in '94-'95, so no need to differentiate the frame only bikes from the 2's and 3's either.

As far as the Team being sold as assembled bikes in '94, apparently there were some back door, frame only deals for some of the bike shops when the first Team's we're built........I know because I bought my Team as a frame only in late '93. At the time, I was racing a lot and the guy at the bike shop 'hooked me up'. I stole the Girvin forks from the Team frame for the purple RTS. :LOL: I still have the Team frame too, it's next on the list. :cool:

Early 6/93 production '94 RTS Team;

2013-07-04_17-45-44_182_zpsca8f8ce5.jpg

I rode and raced the crap out of that Team frame, then moved on to one of the LTS-DH frame kits they had in '97. I still have that as well, it's my current 'rider'.

Yeah, I was one of the GT faithful. :LOL:

Very nice USA built RTS for me, I've had a few and the rts-2/3 frames didn't have flat end caps or piggy back shock. I think the 16 inch frames are less common too. I've got a team and and Rts-1 and have owned a couple of others as well. Decals look original. Never seen a purple anno one.

As another member mentioned earlier there was a ano purple one for sale on eBay.com in the us,that was a 18" framed one not sure if it was sold though
I think it was up for $350 but my memory is a bit hazy!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That RTS Team looks cool, much prefer a bike that's been used over the nos look.
Is that an aftermarket rocker? I know a coupe of guys who lengthened the rocker to give the bike more travel bitd (could only do it on the alloy rear ends)
you need to post up some pics of the LTS DH, love the first gen "boomerang" frame

Good eye!

Yeah, I made a bunch of the long travel rockers, maybe about ten or so, way back when. There was another company making them that I basically just copied.

I didn't make very many because I only had a manual mill, no CNC, and it took too long to make them for what I could sell them for. I sold all of them except this one and one other. Of course, within a couple years, no one was interested in the RTS any more.

I could get about 3 inches of travel with it, but it was only useful if the primary need was for downhill. It was too funky for XC with the way the suspension moved when pedaling.

The one on this frame is my first gen;

2013-07-04_17-46-13_696_zps62db7605.jpg

My second gen was just a little prettier, lol;

Rocker_zps6bdd9f69.jpg

I'll probably just start another thread with the LTS-DH.

Back