Top Gear Is Just Like Cheers!

highlandsflyer":2e9m1d2h said:
The History Man":2e9m1d2h said:
Only beyond your control if you snap your cue! :LOL:

Ha! I reckon you also remember the days we used such things and home made devices to attempt remote control of the few channels we had on push buttons or even a dial!

:)

Sorry a little off the off topic :oops:

I remember when we first got remote control, in those days nothing showed on the screen when you pressed it, and my bro would slowly turn down the volume bit by bit to see when anyone would notice and turn the colour slowly to black and white :roll:

Alison

Lol.

When they first came out we used to go round to my mate's house and turn their TV down from the garden.

Used to drive them mad.

i remember the redifusion dial on the wall! and the kerchunk of the one in one out buttons on the first colour set we rentedl

highlandsflyer":2z06fdz5 said:
technodup":2z06fdz5 said:
As long as that makes sense to you...

If you can speak the local lingo my use of language should pose no problem. Perhaps you are trying to make some sort of 'point', but your lack or directness stifles clarity.
I'm struggling with the fact that something can seemingly be intentional and unintentional at the same time. My black/white thought process doesn't compute.

I remember living in Shetland back in the early 70s and only having two channels in B&W.

We got a colour TV from a beer company as part of a promotion and the only time you could see colour on it was when you turned it on or off. Sony Trinitron.

We used to turn it off and watch in marvel as those RGB dots faded!

technodup":2n03fha2 said:
highlandsflyer":2n03fha2 said:
technodup":2n03fha2 said:
As long as that makes sense to you...

If you can speak the local lingo my use of language should pose no problem. Perhaps you are trying to make some sort of 'point', but your lack or directness stifles clarity.
I'm struggling with the fact that something can seemingly be intentional and unintentional at the same time. My black/white thought process doesn't compute.

"the unintentional aspect of my contact with the phenomenon, which is not one hundred percent unintentional"

I am quantifying how much contact is unintentional as 'not 100%'.

Pretty simple.

Back