1994 Torus XT

Clifford

Retro Guru
Here's my new project/bike!

My 93 Diablo RS frame has become too flexible to ride and this will be replacing it, I took this pic after I cleaned up the frame. I would love to go for a highly polished finish but I thought I would save the original stickers and give it a brushed finish.

Frame was sold as a X-Lite torus but I can't remember x-lite selling a torus XT, I am a Raleigh man and have removed the X-Lite stickers anyway.

The initial build is almost finished, not happy with all the parts fitted but I have used what I have got. First ride will be this week once I have a seatpost and I can't wait.

Attachments

• Torus XT.jpg
    Torus XT.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,399
Built! Rides like a dream but only done a mile so far...

Not happy with the headset or the stem and looking for something better. I have an XT front mech and sharkfin to go on.

Then lots of miles around Hampshire, frame as nice as it is will be used lots hopefully it will last years
What do you think?

Attachments

• Small.jpg
    Small.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 1,321
Re:

Thought it was time to add another pic, I was out on the South Downs again near to where I live.

As you can see bike is very much used but loved also!

Stem and headset have been changed since this pic was taken, I have some gold Mag 21s that will be going on the bike soon also.

I am doing the South Downs way on this bike in May and I have also signed up for the London to Brighton off road ride in September and will be using this bike for that too.

Bike is stunning to ride :)

Attachments

• Torus.jpg
    Torus.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,157
Torus XT

Much underrated frame IMHO, they're so comfy to ride. Looking forward to seeing it with the mag 21s.

Re:

Great looking bike, can't wait to see the different shocks on it.

Your skewer set up makes me itch :(

It's probably called an x-lite due to being sold with those trimnel/x-lite forks on it when new.

Re:

Looks much better for a good coating of mud.

Shiny bikes are great, but bikes that are ridden are better.

Back