Brodie Sovereign

Loving this. Always fancied one of these as I like the racey look of the frames.

Good luck with the build and looking forward to seeing how it turns out...

Jupke":2gudpe9h said:
Wow Frank! That one is on my list too. Congrats.

Hey Ben, how goes your collection? Did you ever recover any of your bikes? Or start rebuiding it?

Hey Roy, are those stem/forks for me? :D ;) Where are they destined?

RockiMtn":2szkliqc said:
Jupke":2szkliqc said:
Wow Frank! That one is on my list too. Congrats.

Hey Ben, how goes your collection? Did you ever recover any of your bikes? Or start rebuiding it?.

I'm sorry Frank not the faintest sign yet about the "whereabouts" :(
Only roadracing these days on a far to modern bike for this community :D
Seeing that Sovereign however made me think it would be nice to have a retro bike again.
With that in mind: if you ever should decide this particular bike does not match your needs, you know how to contact me :D

Jupke":2zm0qhkw said:
I'm sorry Frank not the faintest sign yet about the "whereabouts" :(
Only roadracing these days on a far to modern bike for this community :D
Seeing that Sovereign however made me think it would be nice to have a retro bike again.
With that in mind: if you ever should decide this particular bike does not match your needs, you know how to contact me :D

Sad to hear you haven't recovered any of your RMs. :cry:

I spent some time today to sand down the "questionable" areas on the frame were rust was showing or significant spydering under the paint so I can do a good inspection. From what I can tell the frame is sound all around and now I'll move forward with building her up to do some test riding and see if the 16" or 18" is more suitable for me. I find the eff. TT of the 18" is a bit of a stretch for me, and I'm hoping the 16" will be a bit more comfortable and and not too small. Seems both Brodie frames have longer than usual eff. TT compared to my RMs of relatively the same size.

Attachments

• DSC05237.JPG
    DSC05237.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC05238.JPG
    DSC05238.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC05236.JPG
    DSC05236.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC05239.JPG
    DSC05239.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 603
sorry frank, the white syncros fork/stem are for my rocky mountain titanium build.
just wanted you to see what your combo will look like in real life.
paul might cringe. he never put syncros on his bikes bitd. :roll:
roy

Retro_Roy":3pdrzn60 said:
sorry frank, the white syncros fork/stem are for my rocky mountain titanium build.
just wanted you to see what your combo will look like in real life.
paul might cringe. he never put syncros on his bikes bitd. :roll:
roy

did Paul have a reason for that? did he dislike Syncros products for some reason? or some rivalry? :?

my bike wouldn't be the only one he'd cringe at then, as there are a few Brodie frames build up with Syncros parts on RB. :roll: :LOL:

The frame looks totally sound Frank. My 16" fits just fine so I'll be interested to see how the 18" feels in comparison. I'd be interested to know if there was a particular reason why Brodie didn't spec any Syncros kit too.

Back