1996 GT LTS **Update 11/8**

cchris2lou":1x6fjmoi said:
Build for me would be :

XTR M952 mechs , brakes and shifters, so Judys at the front , Kore or Syncros bars , stem , seat post , flite saddle , AC cranks , Box levers , hope hubs on mavic rims . :cool:

Do you want to build it for me then Chris.....

I've still got the box it came in, so I'll pop it in the post. Send it back once its done :LOL: ;)

yep , no prob , send a cheque with it to buy the parts and i ll put it together for you . :LOL:

BUILD UPDATE:

Silver/grey Deore V brakes puchased today.

Rock Shox J2's GONE! Exchanged for Manitou's at LBS :cool:

Vetta TT Trishock saddle arrived today.

She will be ready for MM ;)

Manitous have been identified as Magnums, and have cleaned up quite nicely today.  I have plugged them in and they really suit the bike, and offer a beautiful smooth action that compliments the rear travel superbly.

I have also managed to get a replacement front mech LX shifter from cchris2lou, as the original shifter is broken.

So thats all the bits sourced, now I just have to wait for a couple of things to arrive in the post and decide on the new decals.....

Coming along nicely

So here she is in her current state.

Decals all removed and the frame is polishing up perfectly. I am in talks with a chap from the US, Felinzo, for replacements (as gil_m still away).

Manitous in, V brakes/levers fitted and Vetta on. Very pleased with the seatpost as it was originally a scuffed old black Kalloy. A few hours with wet and dry paper, and now its as good as new.

Just now waiting for the stem to arrive from doogie (the one on in the pic is just a spare) and replacement left hand LX shifter from cchris2lou, then its off to the LBS to have it all set up.

Attachments

• Manitou.JPG
    Manitou.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 8,353
  • Manitou 2.JPG
    Manitou 2.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 8,353
  • LTS.JPG
    LTS.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 8,353
that's actually looking quite tasty! :D

don't forget gil_m back in a few days if it falls through in the US.

That is shaping up to be a bargainalicous bike. Good job. You have the same turbo as me too :D

Thanks guys!

Hopefully, I will have her in a state to be ridden by the end of the week :D

Will you be putting decals on the forks, other wise they just look cheap. but the build elsewhere looks good

mattbrown":jn7oin5k said:
Will you be putting decals on the forks, other wise they just look cheap. but the build elsewhere looks good

Yea, planning to get some decals for them, but I have been wanting to confirm what model they are buying.

Stem has turned up from doogie, and I'm about to go and fit it. Looks sweet, 130mm reach and almost 0% rise. Yum ;)

Back