Dave Lloyd CATS.........

As you mentioned spec on mine, check the tyres! :LOL:

Very nice. Do you have something very large behind that garage door, like a GSD?

The History Man":txd7ifqv said:
As you mentioned spec on mine, check the tyres! :LOL:

Very nice. Do you have something very large behind that garage door, like a GSD?

Read the third line of my post. :roll:

As for what's behind the garage door.... that's for me to know and you to guess. :twisted:

Thats looking lovely Neil. Top work!

It looks really racey and will definitely fly whatever terrain you decide to put it on.

Will be interested to hear how it rides and compares to the Roberts.

What are you going to change the tyres to?

Giom6":1xd3jg51 said:
What are you going to change the tyres to?
It's currently wearing some very aggressive early Schwalbe's that weigh a ton. I'll be changing them to Panaracer Fire XC Pro, which I like a lot as an all round spring/ summer / autumn tyre with Trailrakers as mud pluggers (but rubbish on wet rocks'n'roots).

Just got back from a ten mile thrash on the Fuquay.... but you'll have to look at that thread to find out how I got on. ;)

Looks ace Neil, I bet it will be a blast to ride - looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Glad that someone as brought this frame back to life!

Have a look at that cable routing round the seat cluster, if you routed the front mech cable on the lower cable guide and shortend the outer a bit it would be neater IMO.

Glad you like it Adrian.

I might have a little fiddle with the cables over the weekend.

I hope to try it on my test route on Sunday, as I'm out and about on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how it feels in comparison to Ringo's bike and also my Fuquay, which I rode last night and thoroughly enjoyed.

Yes, that will be an interesting comparison... we really need to get a British Steel ride on the go... Midlands somewhere... I did a nice 18 mile loop that was 80% off road in Cov this week... Sure it could be extended with a bit of thought!

ringo":jo52nu7c said:
we really need to get a British Steel ride on the go... Midlands somewhere...

I'd be up for that.

Theredchilli and I organised last years British Steel ride in the FoD, I would hope that moving the location a little further North would mean we could beat last years rather meagre 12 person turn out (especially as two of those were my daughter and son).

Back