NOS Campagnolo parts

I get my gnashers done on the NHS. I have no need of outrageous overpriced
Campag to trade for teeth. But good luck to the fella. He must really, really need an
Orthodontist.l

USA! USA! USA!

If you imagined the rest of the world didn't like you before, trust me dude,
you are universally disliked and distrusted now. Snowdon ain't going away
the soup is only gonna get even blacker and dirtier yet.

Regardless of seller comments, all any anti-American rants will achieve is to probably get this thread locked - unfortunate, as I think there is a lesson to be learned here and unpleasant...I deal with plenty US dealers and enthusiasts and I don't see how being offensive to their way of life, right or wrong, will achieve anything.

Re. the prices - IMO, way off. Ten years ago, maybe they might have seemed not improbable. I can remember a happy time when Ebay was still relatively fresh, early 2000's and the balance between unearthing NOS or tidy vintage Campag at a decent price and a hungry market was just about right. Now, as with so many things, Ebay has democratised prices - I buy and sell rare records as a sideline and it is very much a buyer's market now. The other factor is the potential market place for this sort of stuff is shrinking - death, divorce, failing pensions etc. have probably ridded out a good number of possible buyers. Younger enthusiasts are that bit more few and far between and, speaking for myself, I'm thinking twice a lot more now for any purchase that will end up being more of a trailer queen than ridden properly and enjoyed.

Well said. Vintage Campagnolo (especially NOS) is very much a buyers market.
Also its still possible to find enough NOS campag in established bike shops in the UK
at pretty much the original retail. I bought a boxed Super Record chainset (197:cool: from my local bike shop for £150 ($250) last year. He had it in a cupboard for 20 years not selling.

Theres lots of it out there still. It just takes a rummage and a bit of haggling.
You'd have to be desperate for NOS to pay these silly $$$ prices. Try your local bike shop. You might be pleasantly surprised. McGregors in Edinburgh recently sold an all Record NOS Special Products Ti Raleigh for £1500.

As to American antipathy - they bring enough shame upon their own heads.

Grease Monkey, 21 posts and 15 of them are on this thread moaning about the guys prices and being american. Yes I think the prices are ridiculous too but does it affect my life in any way? No. Give it a rest mate, you are boring the arse off people.

Hey Mr. Grease Monkey,

I was one of the first to post on this thread about the impolite nature of my fellow American, Mr. f50davis, and his poorly handled pitch, so how bout laying off the over generalizations.

Steven

What time does the second feature start? That first one about the American with the $$$ ridiculous Campagnolo was brilliant. Who writes these movies! !

Pip-pip old chep!

Funny thing is that it has been less than 4 days and all the parts have been sold to your own people. Talk all you want, that is what they are selling for. If you can really get NOS items for "UK prices" I would buy everything you can get because you could make a lot of money. Hell, for your prices I would import them by the container.

As far as talking s#*t about America, just remember where your countries are right now, and think of where they would be without America. You can only type your little rants on forums because America allows you to. Yeah America sucks, but it's still 10x better than over there. I couldn't be paid enough money to go back over there. Enjoy talking like a big man on your forum because that is about all you guys have.

Haha. You've sold nack all sunshine! Sour grapes all round and all. At least we still have free speech in Europe, and a sense of moral probity.

And if the rest of America is half as odious and fundamentally ignorant/de-evolved as you are: you can wedge it.

Pip pip old chep!

Back