You Paid TOO MUCH!

H2BLOOD

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That was some amateur shill crap for sure. Can't wait till eBay asks for their cut...

I just sold something for $1800 and eBay took $168 so the bill for this "transaction" will be over $800. Nice job jjdu1977...

Sparkzz":1ya4v95e said:
buyers mate bidding it up i reckon :)

Yes and now the seller will either have to pay the bill to eBay or report his friend as a non-paying bidder which will result in a strike that can result in a ban from using the site.

Strange one this as why would you shill bid your own item for so much more then you could ever expect to get? The seller can't have thought it was worth that, could they?

Other option is that a daft shill bid was put in and a legit buyer came in with an offer they thought would defo win but didn't expect to pay anywhere near.

Either way, that's a huge price for a sh*te bike. :facepalm:

brocklanders023":2df7k7ue said:
Other option is that a daft shill bid was put in and a legit buyer came in with an offer they thought would defo win but didn't expect to pay anywhere near.

:facepalm:

You may be exactly right, A buddy of mine was in the habit of placing outrageous bids on items under the theory that most other bidders will be more conservative. It worked for him until it didn't. He ran into another bidder playing the same game and won a simple Shimano hub for something in the range of $1500. Luckily the seller was understanding...

i have been known to put stupid bids on things to make sure i get them......it does happen!!
but not on that!!!!

Back