Show us your... Overbury's

I don't have such a thing. Was thinking along the lines of a petrol soaked rag on a stick :LOL:

danson67":13cqcssi said:
Weird, as all the late 80s Reynolds ATB seat tubes, including Magnum, are 1.0/0.7, giving a 27.2mm internal on a 28.6mm OD tube.
Reynolds-tubing-sizes_zps28abbc4b.jpg

Possible cause?:
My 86' Pioneer cracked through at the ST/TT joint where it had distorted from the fillet and had been reamed out fully to 27.2, leaving very little thickness of metal. The later frames had the reinforcing sleeve/lug at this joint, allowing the tube to be reamed properly. I think it might depend on which model of reinforcing sleeve was used. Some have the parent tube running fully through, probably running 27.2mm. Others have a straight shoulder inside about 10mm up from the bottom edge, the rest of the internal bore is from the lug not the tube, so it's the outer sleeve/lug that dictates the seatpost diameter, not the tube itself, probably 27.0 or 26.8mm.

Looking at this small selection we have between us, I also suspect Andy built the frames with whatever came to hand...or perhaps sometimes didn't ream the distortion fully out, and sometimes didn't put a sleeve on at all (the-duke's).

All the best,

Good Info Dan, id be interested to see the tube specs for the Columbus tubed Overburys if you have that to hand..?

:cool:

Tying up some loose ends - my Pioneer as it came back from the paintshop and evolving into a specification fit to ride at Mayhem...

Attachments

• Prebuild.jpg
    Prebuild.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 818
  • Experimental A.JPG
    Experimental A.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 819
  • Pioneer vs Hot.JPG
    Pioneer vs Hot.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 819
  • Scissor Sister.JPG
    Scissor Sister.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 818
  • Overbury_s Pioneer at Mountain Mayhem 2011.jpg
    Overbury_s Pioneer at Mountain Mayhem 2011.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 818
mrkawasaki":1sir7ay6 said:
Tying up some loose ends - my Pioneer as it came back from the paintshop and evolving into a specification fit to ride at Mayhem...

I still love the colour, and the drop bars Especially Mr K.

Thought you'd appreciate the colour Carl - here's the inspirational source... :)

Attachments

• e-type.jpg
    e-type.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 758
  • 800px-ERA_E-type.jpg
    800px-ERA_E-type.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 758
Re:

Now for something a bit different, my 1994-ish Overburys race bike, fully fillet brazed and with no apostrophe. Original paint and decals, hence the battle scars.

Apologies yet again for my appalling photographic skills. :oops:

Re:

Nice Andrew, you've been quietly busy :D

Re:

Nice indeed. Colour is just like my old saracen kili of that age.

Is that all xt?

Very good build.

Re:

I have replaced the decals since these pics were taken but it remains very much a work in progress at the moment :roll:

Back