...and now for somethig completely different;

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
For anyone with a sweet tooth... :D

SWMBO had one of her bosses over the house for dinner yesterday, and as is the norm for these occasions I was reduced to the role of hired help! :LOL:

In other words, I do the cooking;

Spag. Bol. had been requested and this was duly whizzed up in the morning and left to simmer for the afternoon (it's an Italian recipe I saw on an afternoon cookery show once, and has since become something of a speciality :cool: ) but a 'light, summery desert' was also mentioned...

...now I don't usually 'do' deserts but as SWMBO's star is most definitely on the ascendency I thought I'd better make the effort!

So I made this...

http://www.food.com/recipe/lemon-tiramisu-62692

...and it is f*cking awesome!

I used one of those plain Madeira sponge cakes you can buy instead of the fingers, and when I make it again I shall double the syrup quantity you soak it in, but otherwise it is :shock: amazing! and went down better than any desert I've ever made!

So good, in fact, that I thought I would put it up here and share the love! :D :LOL:

Sounds tasty, never made a Tiramisu before of any kind but I like the sound of this one :D

Alison

Easiest 'Summery' desert dish ever? Eton Mess

1. Get a load of strawberries, raspberries, meringue, cream and some mascarpone if you're feeling particularly exotic.
2. Cut the berries up a bit and smash the meringue to bits, stir in cheese and cream.
3. Serve!

Funnily enough I did something very similar with the left over mix from the Tiramisu...

...just enough for two individual servings :cool:

highlandsflyer":1c42zp34 said:
Pecan Pie!

I have yet to taste anything to rival my wife's pie.

Have you a recipe for that :?: I used to love pecan pie, we used to have it made for the wholefood shop we used to run BITD and have never had it since

Alison

All in her head and nothing measured, just like her mum made it. She puts cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in the mix though, I know that much! it is nothing like as sweet as you normally get.

Making me Hungry now! Pecan Pie and Eton Mess are two great ones, not keen on Tirimasu as i'm not a big cake fan, I do like a good Key Lime Pie as well though.

Carl.

Back