Bloomin cars Battery warning light on again

highlandsflyer":o95pr63i said:
So the dealer that sold you the car replaced the alternator and battery right? They then sent you home with the car, and it has still got a related fault.

Whether your warranty was 90 day or three months from 27th April you still have a couple of weeks to get it sorted properly.

A couple of gallons of fuel to make the round trip is surely worth it?

No the dealer that sold me the car was 60+ miles away and would only recondition the alternator, so we went to our local garage and he replaced it, for £285 we will go back, I was just wondering if there was possibly something that could be causing the alternator to fail if it had. It's not necessarily the mileage it'a what do you do all day when it's been reconditioned as they wanted it all day and also my hubby had to work and I had to be home for the children, at out local my husband could drop it off get a lift to work and collect it after.

Alison

Is your car diesel?

Having run my Mondeo up to 380,000 miles (the original alternator dying at 450,000), I have just remembered something.

Get under the front of the car and check a pulley wheel on the alternator side - either yourself or a mechanic. This pulley is connected directly to the engine and fails causing the alternator to spin slowly resulting in a poor charge and so on.

I cant remember if the pulley is on the left or the right side of the engine though. Its quite obvious though when you take the plastic cover off the bottom of the car (from memory - lots of phillips head screws).

Actually just remembered when my hubby phoned the dealers he said the alternator was not part of the engine so was not covered by the warranty but he'd recondition it for £40. I don't know now where the engine begins or ends according to them :roll:

Alison

The original seller won't warranty a 'repair' or replacement done elsewhere.

Your local garage replaced the alternator and battery, so back to them!

No this was before we had the alternator done, when we thought we could just take it back to the dealer with the warranty, it was the offer of a recondition that made us think we'd better off going local, I just thought it odd that they said it wasn't part of the engine.

Alison

Your original seller must honour the statutory six month warranty.

You contacted them and they offered to make good on a fault, over the phone suggesting they might fit a recon alternator for a fee, as the alternator was not part of the engine and not under warranty?

They were acting out-with the law there. If it were me, and I had any proof they had advised me illegally I would be pursuing them for the money I had spent attempting a repair elsewhere.

However, you have now taken it upon yourself to have the car worked on elsewhere, so I think your recourse is to the garage that fitted the new battery and alternator. They fitted these without establishing the underlying problem.

Any other problems you have within the six months after purchase that are clearly not wear and tear you ought to refer to the dealer you bought the car from.

60 miles is not so far. We used to have a land rover for which the nearest dealer was 115 miles. Make a day out of it.

Latest posts

Back