My first rigid ride.....

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
In about 15 years. Also the first time since XT v-brakes came out I've used canti brakes. On my new M-Trax. Was an experience. Bars are too narrow. The brakes are scary compared to the discs I'm used to. There's an odd creak from the cranks when pedaling that stops when I put the power down. The position is a little short. But I love it. Original saddle, original brake pads and even tyres are fine too.

20130710_061010_zps7e84877f.jpg

20130710_061020_zps74000c67.jpg

20130710_061032_zps13b47872.jpg

A few adjustments to do I think. Slide the saddle back. Rotate the bars, the sweep on them goes down rather than back. Maybe move the shifters in a little so I can get to the end of the brake levers too.

You've bagged a fine unicorn indeed. :)

I still get tempted by the M-Traxes that I see for sale, as they're a bike I wanted BITD. Not unicorn level, but their nostalgia levels are strong!

try to lose or change the bar ends, they look like they are using a lot of bar!
(and I'm a fan of bar ends!)

Agree with slide the saddle back and rotate the bars to get the sweep better positioned.

can't get over how long the head tube is on the Raleighs of this era! That looks looooong, or is it the photo?

Other than that nice bike, Always had a bit of a soft spot for these, never had one though.

Bar ends are taking up a lot of room. Got some xlite ones on tje way though. Saddle has been moved back and is much better now. Just have to fettle the brakes.

Back