State of the collection............

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have been a member on Retrobike for just over 2 years now & I thought it was about time I reviewed my builds. It was seeing all these fantastic builds on this forum that that got me wanting to have a go myself. I have never been one for 'factory correct' but then again none of my bikes are of the very high end / top of the range type of machines. Anyway, here they are in build / chronological order, hope you like at least one of them (apologies for iPad pics in advance):

Trek Y3

Saracen Rufftrax

Giant Box2

Marin Bear Valley

Parkpre Comp Limited

sweet jesus thats a very nice collection you have there except the park pre it dosent look right its missing something on it :roll: oh yeah i see wots missing now, ( ME ) ;) lush just lush. :D

Wow!

I'm loving the Saracen RuffTrax - my first mountain bike was one of them in Britich Racing Green, although mine stayed stock for all of a couple of months :D

While I love looking at all the old bikes people have recovered/restored is interesting, the only bike i would be tempted to try to restore would be a Rufftrax - but even if I could find one, I don't think I could do half as good a job as you have!

Swapped out the rear cassette on the Parkpre last night for a 7 speed, 12 / 32T. I had put a new chain on in the build but did not replace the cassette as I was not sure how worn it was. Transpires I was getting a little chain slip in a couple of the middle gears. A quick ride around the garden last night & I think that has done the trick, (although a small tweak of the barrel adjuster maybe needed to sweet spot the gear changes).

Back