Sorry, last minute advise please on a common subject

Superb! Very wise choice.
Lovely motors, and it has done all its depreciating by now so you have bought very well.
Have you put a bike in the back yet, they swallow them whole!
:)

highlandsflyer":37jhv2xp said:
Superb! Very wise choice.
Lovely motors, and it has done all its depreciating by now so you have bought very well.
Have you put a bike in the back yet, they swallow them whole!
:)

It will fit not only Evans's whole collection of bikes, it will squeeze in my house too :D We can at last take the 6 month old fridge freezer to the tip, damn household floods :(

Thanks for the advise it was most helpful, still it will take a few weeks to be fully confident.

Alison

When we use the S-Max as a 'van' we use an old piece of underlay to line it, topped out with a poly tarp, it really protects the trim from whatever we are loading up.

highlandsflyer":1adxslqs said:
When we use the S-Max as a 'van' we use an old piece of underlay to line it, topped out with a poly tarp, it really protects the trim from whatever we are loading up.

I was worried about that as it so minty mint physically, I will not accept him just stuffing it in. It's not leather seating like our last car so there is now a food ban in it :)

Alison

LIDL had rolls of surface protection stuff for when decorating, etc. that would do great for protection. I bought a roll and it is serving under our dog cage as the car is currently for sale and I don't want to have to valet it to death just for test drives.

Isaac_AG":2i8hciqc said:
D We can at last take the 6 month old fridge freezer to the tip, damn household floods :(

Alison

the council will take it away, we just got rid of a three peice suite and a few other bits for £25, check wih your local lot, its a lot easier than loading it into the car

Just thought it was worth a mention. Since we bought the car last Saturday my hubby has been driving the car on a 14 mile round trip to work every day, as his bike is off the road (back this weekend hopefully) and so have I a few times and + a 20+ mile trip to the dentist, we have used just over £20 of diesel, In the Volvo S40 petrol we would have used £50-60. I'm not sure if this is Diesel V Petrol or that the Volvo was pissing fuel faster than an alcoholic.

I'm well impressed, I hope the rest of the car is as good.

Alison

Did 800 miles in one as a rental car, was concerned that the fuel gauge was broken as it didn't go down.:facepalm:

50mpg average without even trying! :cool:

Isaac_AG":88fh6du1 said:
it does come with warranty and even 7 days free insurance

What kind of warranty did it come with? You are not even three months in with this car and you are having problems.

Someone made a quite reasonable comment re tyres. If they're a total budget brand like Nankang or similar, chances are the car hasn't been cherished particularly.

Back