Ti/scandium junky: seatpost, headset, stem, bar, bolts

nicklein

Retro Newbie
I want to replace cheap parts on my Klein Attitude. Already got pace rc36s, saddle.is spoon with ti rails and hope mini mono discs, mavic wheelset. Groupset is a mish mash but XT chainset is in the post.

Shopping list (ti/scandium)
- seatpost
- headset
- stem
- bar
- replacement bolts
- bottom brracket
- qr skewers
- chainset axle
- seatpost clamp

Other bits of XT I need:
- rear derraileur
- shifters that might fit better with hope levers

I'm not interested in "period correct" - I just want to shed some weight using reliable newish parts. The handbuilt frme weighs 3lb, so it should be light as a feather and kick the arse of chromolly machines - I used to rule on my on my 92 trek 820. Suspension, disk brakes and aluminum and other exotic materials: you can't compete with that!

I also wanna show pyro Tim that you can have suspension and discs on a bike that isnt made from lead.

Cash waiting for parts. Will post photo of bike too (red & black)

Cheers, Nick
Based in Dorset

Attachments

• IMAG0069_1_edit0_20130628065623425.jpg
    IMAG0069_1_edit0_20130628065623425.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 208
what size is the post you are looking for?

Send me a PM if you are interested in syncros stems and posts. I also have a couple sets of bar, but I guess you want to weigh yours first to see if they are any ligher. I imagine you are not going to have much weight from the bar you have and I am not sure a syncros stem would be much lighter.

Nick, come over and I'll fit your M739 chainset. I also have an XT rear mech that belongs to Jonnyboy666 that is for sale, can't remember model number. I'll check with him what he wants for it. You can have a look at it when you come over. I also have a UN7x BB I can sell you. Not ti, but is XT.

You have M740 shifters on her.

Latest posts

Back