How do you mount your battery pack?

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So I have a nice little LED bike light and it comes with a battery pack (about the size of two fag packets I suppose). They supply a simple velcro strap which holds it to a point but it's not exactly secure.

Just wondering if there are any ingenious ways of mounting the battery pack for bike lights to the frame...weird and wonderful ideas welcome!

Cheers

Chute55uk":325zokof said:
ha! this is retrobike, never had some nightsun bitd? stick them in a water bottle :D

Nope! Best I had was a cheap AA battery fuelled Cateye that I got with my paper round money.

that was the old fashioned way anyway. the drinking spout was where you plugged the charger into as well. weighed quite a bit and would look pretty lame next to a cree xml now but that's progress i guess. for what its worth my new cree still needs me to figure out what im going to do with the battery pack, I bought a top tube bag for my road bike but might just buy another for the commuter. someone said the wrapped their battery pack in an old inner tube and fixed it under the seat.

I've got a Cree light unit, prob the same with a little pouch and velcro strap. First thing is to protect the battery pack, they are known for not liking the wet. Solution as mentioned is a length of inner tube insert battery pack inside and i tywrap the ends making it a nice tight seal. I've got a small tool bag that mounts under the seat. It slots into it neatly still leaving me room for an Allen Key, combi tool etc. Cable is then ty-wrapped along top tube, i use re-usable ones so you dont have to cut them off each time.

Simples.

Jussa":tvilmu0w said:
I've got a Cree light unit, prob the same with a little pouch and velcro strap. First thing is to protect the battery pack, they are known for not liking the wet. Solution as mentioned is a length of inner tube insert battery pack inside and i tywrap the ends making it a nice tight seal. I've got a small tool bag that mounts under the seat. It slots into it neatly still leaving me room for an Allen Key, combi tool etc. Cable is then ty-wrapped along top tube, i use re-usable ones so you dont have to cut them off each time.

Simples.

Yeah mine's one of those Cree jobbies. Good call on the waterproofing, will give that a go later.

I learned from a pal to strap it under the stem - it also keeps it away from most of the muck from the front wheel.

hamster":1h9inn5t said:
I learned from a pal to strap it under the stem - it also keeps it away from most of the muck from the front wheel.
This is what i do with mine :)

I cut the top of an old water bottle, wrapped the battery pack in bubble wrap and stuffed it in the water bottle so that it's a nice snug fit, then fit the water bottle in the cage on the down tube.

BP.jpg

Back