Top Gear Is Just Like Cheers!

My fav is the Vietnam one

But simples if you don't like it don't watch it, I don't like 90% of what's on TV at the mo, but don't get heated about not liking it, I just simply don't watch it. Some people complaining about TG are obviously still watching it as they know what happened, just turn off if it gets to you that much :roll:

Alison

I stopped watching it in 2005 when they ran out of ideas. I've checked the occasional one since then, but no change.

It's like a soap opera, but no unemployed people in the local pub complaining about being skint, no murders, and no plot.

I saw it. It had its moments, and in fairness is probably one of their better shows. The central American special was also quite good, but the bulk of their regular shows are same old same old but with different cars.

The original Africa special (Alfa, Merc, Oliver) was VERY good.... many of the awe-inspiring moments/sunsets/scenery were completey genuine.... as was the S. America 4x4 special. When they went up to altitude, I dont think that was scripted either

Ali is right. Why bother getting pissed off or annoyed about something on TV? Just dont watch it.
Why waste time when you could be doing something more productive, like caressing the 20year old filet welds of your British built bike frame.... or ignoring your wife and spend time talking to strangers on a niche cycling web forum ;)

G

Were I to begin a thread about Bob Dylan wherein I discuss his later albums as pastiche or uninspired would that suggest I have 'sour grapes' or am somehow envious of Dylan?

Rubbish.

We generally critique things due to failed expectations, disappointment in unattained potential, or potential not even reached for.

I am interested in transport, as a consumer as well as the aspects of design and implementation.

I don't decide on what television is watched in our household. Generally I am busy with something. When it is on I do cast an eye and ear over though, as I am interested in seeing the vehicles despite the way it is presented.

Clarkson giving his view on the handling, etc. of a new road legal mini F1 toy type car really means a lot less to me than the same opinions from a proper driver.

Of the three, according to those in the know, Clarkson is the worst driver, and none of them are really all that able.

No problem were they to have a balanced program regularly featuring a variety of vehicles, but they focus on performance cars they really don't know how to drive, and look rather silly in.

I stand by my right to slag what the hell I want off.

Maybe the TG three are the best people for the job as by the time most people who buy those cars can afford them they are fat and forty and going through a mid-life crisis anyway, there are few people in there 20's that can buy them unless they are F1 drivers or footballers.

Anyway I wasn't intending on being annoying I just find it odd that people can get so cross about something but continue to watch it, if anything makes me bored or angry when that's not it's intention, I turn off and never look at it again, if someone else wants to watch it I just leave the room, such as if the children watch Tracy Beaker Grrr!!

Alison

Back