BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominat

It’s too hot to change the tyres! Could have put some Panaracer Khartoum’s or some Z max’s on, but they are on other wheels. What’s wrong with the Pasellas, they sing nicely when up to speed? I had to choose which bike to enter, could have been 1993 Kili flyer, 1993 Kili Pro or 1994 Kili Comp, but the 1996 Kili Pro was ready, so I’m ready for the all the criticism.

Boscarn":178ml5vl said:
It’s too hot to change the tyres! Could have put some Panaracer Khartoum’s or some Z max’s on, but they are on other wheels. What’s wrong with the Pasellas, they sing nicely when up to speed? I had to choose which bike to enter, could have been 1993 Kili flyer, 1993 Kili Pro or 1994 Kili Comp, but the 1996 Kili Pro was ready, so I’m ready for the all the criticism.

I think they look nice, but I've been 'marked down' before for having slicks fitted (and they were skinwalls too!)

Although I've had a downer on BoTM since I don't know when (Got a score to settle? Don't polish, race... ;-) ) - I feel this month needs bolstering in quantity if nothing else... :)

It's an Orange Vitamin T2.

Attachments

• Mr K's Orange Vitamin T2.jpg
    Mr K's Orange Vitamin T2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 717

There once was an ugly duckling, wiv feathers all stubby and braahn......

(Self deprecating before anyone gets upset :roll: )

mrkawasaki":3dkhnms2 said:
It's an Orange Vitamin T2.
Nice - Vit T's ftw!
Is there a build thread - unsual looking rings and front hub?

How do the rc30's ride on the bike? Have a set for mine in the man cave but got seduced by the lovely ride of RC31 type C's.

^ Don't think I've ever contemplated (read: not disciplined enough) a build thread - it's just stuff laying around that get's thrown on (ya don't say!)... This particular assemblage was inspired by an Edwards lash-up - enough said. Syncros rings, American Classic hubs and the RC30's are almost as unforgiving as Tange Switchblades (but looks are everything) :)

Call me an Orange snob but I think they're the odd one out from this bunch and wouldn't have lumped them in with Saracen + MF. :facepalm:

I'm a Saracen fan too before anyone gets upset. Might enter the Tufftrax if I can get round to taking some new pictures. ;)

brocklanders023":l8s0smph said:
Call me an Orange snob but I think they're the odd one out from this bunch and wouldn't have lumped them in with Saracen + MF. :facepalm:

I'm a Saracen fan too before anyone gets upset. Might enter the Tufftrax if I can get round to taking some new pictures. ;)

I actually wouldn't have lumped Saracen in with MF + Orange as these two are predominantly far east made bikes designed and distributed in the UK, where Saracen were designed and handbuilt in the UK.
Orange and MF also go back right to the first Clockworks which were almost clones of the MF bikes, having evolved from the short lived Tushinghams one of which was co-developed with MF.

Carl.

For me MF is the odd one out - simply because I don't have any standout memories of them apart from their pawprint logo and just maybe that crazy linked suspension jobbie with a name like penetrator or emasculator.

Whereas I vividly remember seeing my first clocky, my first sport race chock full of oranges, my first Saracen estay and the first magura's I ever saw were on a Saracen.

drcarlos":3ax2dt32 said:
brocklanders023":3ax2dt32 said:

I actually wouldn't have lumped Saracen in with MF + Orange as these two are predominantly far east made bikes designed and distributed in the UK, where Saracen were designed and handbuilt in the UK.
Orange and MF also go back right to the first Clockworks which were almost clones of the MF bikes, having evolved from the short lived Tushinghams one of which was co-developed with MF.

Carl.

I think the direction I was going in was that both Saracen and MF seemed to aim at the low to mid range bikes but with a 'cherry on top' super bike stuck in the range that no one would buy but looked good in the line up where as Orange started at mid range and went higher with a good percentage of bikes sold being topish end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back