Any car mechanics out there?

grumpycommuter":1mot1y7q said:
daj":1mot1y7q said:
Oooowww another interesting note as there is deff exhaust rasping if you start revving not blowing but a kinda rasping :?

Have you accidentally sat in an Aston Marton?

Surely accidentally sitting in an Aston Martin, is right up there with "He accidentally fell on a knife... FOUR times."

I think the Lambda sensor isn't the problem. This one is OK when the engine light burns after a miss fire.

You has to theck the ignisson. The rest is a result of the miss fire.

That's making a big assumption that the ignition is causing it. Can be equally caused by fuelling, compression and valve problems.

I think our hero's best bet is to have it properly looked at.

Chopper1192":1nr58965 said:

Probably getting to that point. Sure you have a garage local to Stow you can trust Dave, if not and your Mrs is still up this way regularly the mechanic I use is pretty cheap and normally good...

Chopper1192":32gtbthq said:
That's making a big assumption that the ignition is causing it. Can be equally caused by fuelling, compression and valve problems.

Yes, but 75% of the time it is the ignition. Thats why i ask for a proper picture. I now there are some problems with ignition coils in the past.

Having owned my own business working the spanners I would contend that if you said it was directly ignition related 25% of the time you would still be overstating the case.

Cheers for the input , once back from holiday the poor thing is going into garage for proper sort out.

Will post up what the problem ended up being :D

John still looking for a decent local garage that you can trust :roll:

Back