And today I did......

kaiser":1hm71zif said:
I do have a day off tomorrow and I'm heading down to Inners and then GT for a bit of fun :D

Lucky man, other halfs birthday tomorrow and she wants to go to the safari park! Hoping to get to Laggan on Tuesday though.

Removed the door card and inner panel on rear driver's side door today after some fuckwit broke the glass trying to steal my daughter's phone on Sat night. Where were we when this happened? All the way up Glen Affric, at road end to Glen Affric Lodge.
We were 50mts away at river side having something to eat before we walked in to wild camp overnight to Munro bag on the Sunday.
That was that fecked. Ended up bivvying in the carpark at the Dog Falls. It was rather warm in bivvy bag, midges were rampant.
Went for a walk round the tracks and paths there on Sunday, it would have been too hot for Munro-bagging anyway, most of the singletrack paths would be ideal on a bike. All easily accessed from road or carpark.
Thought I was done getting car ready for trip to Chamonix, Tues, Thurs changed all 8 lower suspension arms, Fri changed oil/oil filter, air filter, aircon belt and alternator/waterpump/powersteering pump belt, and repaired all the fixings for engine/gearbox undertray. Replacing the glass is gonnae be a pain in the arse. Need to go to scrappie to remove glass from an estate I hope will be there.
Baassstaaards.

And breathe, rant over.

Baaassstaaards. :evil:

Last night thus not technically today I put in 10 miles off road on my local trails with my upstairs neighbour. He said he'd ridden all the local trails, he was wrong, very wrong, I know loads of stuff. He was so impressed he wants me to lead him and his pals around a circuit later in the year. That could include you lot so I'll keep you posted. Major nettle stings though but I dont actually mind nettles, weird I know :LOL:

Today I armed myself with a OS map and headed for Crail, zig zagged my way across the Neuk O Fife and did the same coming back. Don't let anybody tell you Fife is a easy place to cycle cause it feckin izznay, undulating and the winds always in your face never behind you. Clocked up 60 mile, at 40 my arse, feet, wrists and hands were killin me, as for Brooks saddles you'd think 4500 miles would have it feeling like a favourite pair of slippers by now. I couldny do 100 miles on the bike just now the way its set up, I'd like to add my legs are good for 100 Im sure, I'd also like to add within 5/10 mins in the house my sare bits were but a distant memory so that must mean something :?

Back