Rock Shox SID dual air

ELL8566

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, I bought this bike for my son as a project.I have no idea how old it is (any suggestions welcomed). The only thing I have a problem with is the rear shock. The lable says its a Rock Shox SID dual air, one of the air inlet valves is missing. Anyone have any ideas as to where to buy an air inlet valve for this shock? I have tried googling but to no avail :? Thanks...
Ell.

Attachments

• DSC_0235.jpg
    DSC_0235.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC_0237.jpg
    DSC_0237.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC_0238.jpg
    DSC_0238.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 488
SRAM is the rock shox importer, I would see if the have a spare valve. Otherwise, shock tuning annd servicing companies will most likely be able to revive it. Try TFTuned or Mojo, they seem to be very popular for servicing stuff like this.

taffy":ueop2ehz said:
Your google fu is weak...

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Sho ... _Caps.html
given the fantastic price (i.e how effing much for it!)you may just be better of bagging a shock off ebay for parts or a broken/leaky one for a few quid more.

Thanks buddy I'll check out ebay for a broken shock as £20 for a poxy wee valve that probably costs pennies to make is a bit much. Checked out your link but it shows a valve for a fox shock, will that still fit? Regarding the reflector I'll have a word with my son and let you know if he's willing to sell and get back to you.

Whatleymeister":3oxyaqrk said:
SRAM is the rock shox importer, I would see if the have a spare valve. Otherwise, shock tuning annd servicing companies will most likely be able to revive it. Try TFTuned or Mojo, they seem to be very popular for servicing stuff like this.

Thanks for your help. I have emailed TFTuned to see if they can help...

LOl the reflector is my sig.. shamelessly stolen form one of Lysanders posts.

the valve body looks to be the same as a rockshox one - I'd imagine they are all the same/std fitting. and yes twenty quid if a effing rip off! you could get a shock for a few quid more or less - try a wanted ad on here though)

taffy":bgemqj8s said:
LOl the reflector is my sig.. shamelessly stolen form one of Lysanders posts.

the valve body looks to be the same as a rockshox one - I'd imagine they are all the same/std fitting. and yes twenty quid if a effing rip off! you could get a shock for a few quid more or less - try a wanted ad on here though)

lol oops!! :? Thought I had a sale there lol.No probs I'll try an add on here.Thanks again...

Back