RetroRoadRide Series 4: Herefordshire Grimpeur - Aftermath

Re: RetroRoadRide Series 4: Herefordshire Grimpeur - Afterma

Well what to add?
Thanks for a excellent ride ed, there may have only been a few but what a great bunch.a few points
1, thanks to karl for my lift, you are the spirit of retrobike.you buy them cheap and ride them fast. Keep hanging out with me, I will make you a euro lycra slut
2, thanks robin for the pearls of wisdom on sportif, s and what to eat
3, daves quote of the ride "mat wanted to poke the granny in the bush"
4,a nice bike of the ride from john, but the judges where a joke.how can the yoghurt pot kid and ed the bike bigot judge?. ....really
See you all soon

matthew71":1n54o4yj said:
Ed the bike bigot judge?. ....really

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Looks like a good ride. I was hoping to be there. True, I would have been the slowest there but it is the taking part. I may have had my last ride for a while.

I'll know more after the doctors tomorrow.

Great ride, thanks for the great route and the fantastic hospitality, splendid as always. Especially to the Little Boss, who excelled yet again with the post ride food.........

also thanks to Ed for allowing me to fill his shorts for the day..........

see you all soon....................

some pics from me

What a stonker!!

Not much can be added to what has already been said about the hospitality, above and beyond the call as ever....

The first bombshell of the day was dropped when Matt admitted, rather candidly, in the van that he is 'a little judgemental'! Most of his other utterances are genuinely unrepeatable. Get to one of the rides for the full Matthew71 experience.

Due to the absence of any level roads on the ride there was little time for munching on foliage en route. Fortunately Ed was on hand with emergency energy gels which got me around the last third and left me wide awake at two in the morning!

Robin is an absolute mountain goat....end of story.

A fit Martin with functioning ears is not far of Robin in the mountain goat stakes.

The sun was wonderfully hot and not a headwind to be felt. So hot in fact that we feared for the integrity of 'The Yoghurt Pot'

Thanks to 'Titanium Dave' for finding my diesel money and to Ed for his gels, without which i would still be out there.

And having been in an enclosed space with 'Matt' for a total of 3 hours, do i earn a special badge? :)

P.s the run in....

Having shot off with about 600m to go, in the big ring for the third time of the day, the expected hoard flying past failed to materialise. Perhaps this was a little ungentlemanly of me? So i sat up and eased off to a crawl, only to have 'Admin' cruise serenely past. Bugger!

bobbinogs":5hrja2nd said:
The route is here for anyone who fancies giving this a go:

http://app.strava.com/activities/65151881

I knew that we had un vrai grimpeur in our midst but not somebody who could claim to be KOM on 'gentle slope'. Not sure where it is, only have a second hand on my watch, but I'm gunning for that time, gunning I tell you.

ededwards":79zl9rax said:
bobbinogs":79zl9rax said:
The route is here for anyone who fancies giving this a go:

http://app.strava.com/activities/65151881

I knew that we had un vrai grimpeur in our midst but not somebody who could claim to be KOM on 'gentle slope'. Not sure where it is, only have a second hand on my watch, but I'm gunning for that time, gunning I tell you.

I'm more concerned about his equal 2nd on 'Up Tump Lane'...only 2nd!

Let the moderators have there win, they are rapidly packing the timber on. Must be the Berlusconi life style

Back