First Road Bike in 30 years.......... Basso

If the Biopace rings give you any trouble, just change the chainrings and leave the cranks as they are.

Proper ride today. Right hip hurting until seat got up to right height. Now I need a longer stem! Reach is about right so will be keeping it. Climbing is a whole different ball game after doing the same route on an MTB.

Will have to get some decals and embossed blue Basso bar tape for when i change the stem. Not sure if I like the splatter paint yellow that's on at present.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 450
Cheap Stronglights here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw= ... &_from=R40
go 52/38 nice spread of gears.
Bar tape is fine, remove wash in soap and bleach and replace ( cheapskate!)
Put some Gooeypads on the callipers and VERY LIGHTLY grease the return springs where they terminate

the decals from Cyclomundo are the best :)

BARGAINATIOUS

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the tips and the link. First priority is the stem, then decals then........

Well after a bit of riding and fiddling I think I'm happy with it. Have a white saddle but not sure which would look best. New cables, decals and tape, seat changed and that's about it. Oh and a longer stem.

Not concerned about the dinks and chips as its never going to be a RBOTM contender but will be ridden regularly. Dogs has already 'marked' it ! :LOL:

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 280
That looks stunning, I'm a dab hand at chip repair should you want a bit of fettling, get it waxed ( military strength simonize! ) ... out to Snowshill tomoz if you want to meet up?
Ps you may want to lower the levers on the bars or rotate the bars down a tad???

Thanks Chris, will do. Already riding tomorrow from here at 10am ish. Sounds good. Will PM you.

Back