BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominat

chefmiguel":27qxzlmm said:
Why is there a bike with discs competing for BOTM on a retro bike site?
Not too familiar with these brands as they had poor to no distribution here in the states. Will we be covering bike brands from South America next month? I have a killer Caloi...

The category is pre 98. They've been making mechanical discs since before the 70s. Hope started making MTB discs in 91. Where ya been?

eea8b267.jpg

330d76cb.jpg

Had convinced myself I was going to vote Orange from the get-go but the Courier Comp and Trekker have make me think I may have been a bit hasty!

nausea":37wsnflr said:
Had convinced myself I was going to vote Orange from the get-go but the Courier Comp and Trekker have make me think I may have been a bit hasty!

You were! There is no such thing as a 'dead cert' in BOTM which is what keeps it interesting!

There is a lot of love for Saracens on here and some really awesome examples a few of which have entered the mix. :cool:

There are some more UU's on here that I really like, some very cool mid 80's Conquests/Killi's and some late 80's fillet brazed ones too - I really hope some of these appear also.

I have a soft spot for Muddy Fox, 1990 models are my favourite - the Courier Comp has my vote for now. I'd like to see a mint Pathfinder too.

My vote's still with the same bike I voted for last month. Catalogue/period correct, no. Very well thought-out and executed concept, absolutely ;)

Great idea for a BOTM, for me, being a 15 year old in 1990 and dreaming of a Saracen, Muddy Fox or Orange to go and burn the trails on was what it was all about!!

Ended up scoring a 89 Orange Deore and loved it to bits!!!

Both the Formula and Trekker are my favs so far!!

Rich

Boscarn's 1996 Saracen Kili Pro, she goes like a rocket!
Have not seen another, the down tube has external castleations, the seat tube is externally butted at the bottom bracket and has Ritchey dropouts. The decals are original, but do not match the 1996 catalogue.

Attachments

• 1996 Saracen Kili Pro1.jpg
    1996 Saracen Kili Pro1.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 629
  • 1996 Saracen Kili Pro2.jpg
    1996 Saracen Kili Pro2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 629

Very nice!
You'll get more votes with proper tyres on it though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back