Tentsmuir Trail Exploration - POSTPONED

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
EDIT:-
Due to potential for travel disruption due to T in the Park and the fact I've got a stinking cold I cant shift plus the underwhelming response to this ride idea I'm postponing it for the moment. Not binning idea though, its time is just not right at the moment.

After my wee visit to Tentsmuir on my fatbike I though I really must go again on a normal mtb and stick to the forest. We found some brilliant singletrack in the southern end of the forest near the carpark and we reckon there is oodles more to find. Plus I've chickened out of Strathpuffer Lite due to distance/cost/fitness which is on the weekend begining Saturday 13th but I have a pass from my girlfriend for the Puffer so it'd be a shame to waste the oportunity.
We'll be exploring so some dead ends are inevitable :roll:
Forest is single speed and rigid friendly if anyone asks so if interested post up here.

Meet Leuchars Train Station car park which is free at 10am on Saturday 13th July 2013

Cheers

Re: Tentsmuir Trail Exploration - Saturday 13th July

No can do, 1st day of 2 weeks camping in aviemore an Glencoe.

I will try to get gee'd up for this
Can take you round the xc course and some of the hidden stuff
If its still there that is

You can do the carpark up to the ice house pretty much all the way on singletrack, then from there almost all the way to tayport with only a few short excursions on to the land rover track

Bump :D

Yes everyone I'm back, unfit and full of real ale so need to get cycling :roll:

See you there. ;)

btw, I am replying in this thread rather than the one on the other forum as I will likely be on the monkey. I will not be going equipped for the beach. Forrest only. :mrgreen:

Fat types refuse to stay off beach, looks like some wont even play in forest so unless anyone else comes out the woodwork it may just be you and me in Tentsmuir woods.

Just realised about Tea in the Park Velo. Could this disturb travel arrangements? Just asked on the fifers forum if the traffic will be bad but if your trains are dodgy and there is only the two of us might be an idea to re-arrange?

Good call, currently got a summer cold I cant shift so probably best to do this some other time. I'll cancel it for the moment on both sites.

Best laid plans and all that :roll:

May try and slot in a Gullane - N Berwick run in before a rescheduled Tentsmuir though, quite fancy another go at that.

Back