Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS

Neil

You'll have to see the roadie in the flesh... it is really stunning (even if I say so myself).

I think the next on the list has to be a DL track bike!

20130706_172024_zps59c51f44.jpg

It's like an abba video:

51%2B2xjplZ%2BL._SX300_.jpg

Or my cataracts are getting worse...

HM - your eyesight is too good!

That's me in me trusty England floppy hat!

Pete

Lets not get into a question of which one rides best... :)

Hmm, that's weird, I'd have put money on it being newer than mine... But they were fully custom so every one is bound to be different.
You've interpreted the serial in the same way as me. Does the racer follow this pattern? NeilM, how about yours?

iveto1983":371q1vrk said:
NeilM, how about yours?

Mine is LL92531 and as it had a very early Hope disc brake mount from around the early 90's, I figured it was a 92 frame.

Regarding the Racer... I can't find a serial number!

It seems strange, but I sometimes wonder if this was just a paint job on a generic Ti frame... Not exactly Dave Lloyds style, but no one can tell me anything about it.

Just seems funny that he'd bother tig welding a Ti frame as a (presumably) one off. I'd love to get to the bottom of it though!

First proper ride... In Coventry on business - but always room in the car for a bike!

It's a real whippet (as they say around these parts...)

Some of the trails hadn't seen a bike for a while...

Popped out the other end though!

Thanks to NeilM and Gil, I've now got some CATS WISKAS decals, trouble is due to the paint job (the gold line on the top tube), I can't put them in the standard place... My favoured spot is on the downtube right down near the BB... What does everyone think?

I think it's absolute sacrilege and possibly a hanging offence to put 'The Cat' anywhere other than where it should be.

Alternatively, it's your bike, so you can do what you like with it.

If you had told me you were going to be in Coventry, I could have handed the bike over in person. :facepalm: But then, you'd have had to wait another week to get it, and we both know that's just too long to wait. :mrgreen:

I think it's absolute sacrilege and possibly a hanging offence to put 'The Cat' anywhere other than where it should be.

I wanted them smaller (so they would fit in the normal place), but Gil advised that the vinyl he uses for gold wasn't really suitable... so i've gone for a 140mm wide version (with correct aspect ratio).

Figured as the paint job was custom, decal placement could be too!

Cov was a late call... Were you there on Tues?

Back